Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big East final

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    What a game. Tough no call at the end for Nova. Sure looked like a foul.
    Yeah. Nova absorbed an awful lot of body hits in that game.

What a classic in the Soul of College Hoops!
    March Madness starts in November

Attendance tonight- 19,812
    March Madness starts in November

Mrs. Gato and I had the opportunity to be there tonight. It was a perfect storm for the conference. Nova fans came in from Philly and Seton Hall fans came in waves. All four corners were filled, only open seats were in the Chase Bridge. The place was on fire. I was at the UConn win with Kemba, the McNamara Syracuse run and the year Louisville won--this was the best final I have seen. This rivaled Friday night which has always been the best night--I think tonight was better. Refs were BIG EAST refs which means they sucked. Nova fans weren't happy and the Seton Hall fans were not above taunting them. What I can report is that the BIG EAST is in fine shape.

Lunardi has a potential Seton Hall/Monmouth matchup in Brooklyn. Pirates are a 6 seed, Hawks would have to win in Dayton to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Lunardi has a potential Seton Hall/Monmouth matchup in Brooklyn. Pirates are a 6 seed, Hawks would have to win in Dayton to get there.
    I think that Hall is 1-2 seed lines higher then that. I thought that they were on 6-7 seed line border going into New York, and should climb a couple of seed lines after beating X and Nova on a neutral court.
    #BringShakaHome

I was at the "Men of Christ" conference today at the Milwaukee Theatre. Great keynote speakers, I highly recommend it, this was my first year going.

Back to the topic, just finished watching the DVR of the BE title game. Wow, it lived up to all the comments in this thread. Seton Hall continues to ascend. Whitehead looking like a 6'4" Kemba Walker. Kevin Willard deserved Co-Coach of the Year. Time for the Big East to make some noise in the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Mrs. Gato and I had the opportunity to be there tonight. It was a perfect storm for the conference. Nova fans came in from Philly and Seton Hall fans came in waves. All four corners were filled, only open seats were in the Chase Bridge. The place was on fire. I was at the UConn win with Kemba, the McNamara Syracuse run and the year Louisville won--this was the best final I have seen. This rivaled Friday night which has always been the best night--I think tonight was better. Refs were BIG EAST refs which means they sucked. Nova fans weren't happy and the Seton Hall fans were not above taunting them. What I can report is that the BIG EAST is in fine shape.
    Good report Gato. Great to hear!

Waiting for Gottlieb at the Big 10 final half-time to again say that 'Nova should be a 3 seed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123