Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SJU Game Thread

Those refs were beyond weird.

They need to get rid of Cahill and hire a new roster of officials for next year. Tonight was as bad as I have ever seen. James Breeding and Tim Clougherty seemed to want to enforce a new touch foul rule. All of MSG was laughing at those clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    They need to get rid of Cahill and hire a new roster of officials for next year. Tonight was as bad as I have ever seen. James Breeding and Tim Clougherty seemed to want to enforce a new touch foul rule. All of MSG was laughing at those clowns.
    I'd love to be rid of Cahill. But after watching other conferences, the refs are bad all over. Until the NCAA reforms things, it'll continue to be bad.

That's the problem - they just did "reform things"!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    That's the problem - they just did "reform things"!
    The edicts about "freedom of movement?" That's hardly reform.

I just wish there was more control over officiating. They work too many games, and have zero accountability. The only leverage the NCAA has over these guys is handing out Tournament assignments.

For the third or fourth year running, I've watched twice as much NBA ball than college. And part of that has to do with the officiating. At least in the NBA, there's a flow to it, and the calls are consistent.

I'd have no problem if college basketball officials fully committed to cracking down on the hand checks and all of the bumping of cutters. However, there is no consistency with the calls and you can never predict the officiating from game to game. Some nights it is football on the hardwood and other nights (like tonight) it's a foul if you breathe on the opposing player.
    #BringShakaHome

By the way, what a game for JJ. Coming off the bench for 28 minutes, he contributed 23 points including 8-8 free throws, five rebounds, four assists and five steals. Henry deservedly gets the player of the game, but JJ was fantastic too. It's amazing to see his progress since last year.

I'm glad the commentators said how awful that game to watch was because of the fouls. 1 commentator was worried they would get in trouble by the Big East or Fox and tried to soften it a bit, but the other was Critical.

zagsblog on St. John's and Henry from yesterday's game.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruitin...ture/166871918

As I was watching the game and a foul being called back and forth. I was thinking if this was the way the refs were going to call things maybe WOJO should switch to Zone? Did anyone think that?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast