Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SJU Game Thread

He tried - and they still got whistled on the first zone possession. Nothing worked. It's so strange - the first ten minutes of the game were called normal, and I remember the commentators talking about the great flow of the game. It wasn't as though things were getting chippy at all. Then suddenly the refs decided it was time to get whistle-happy. Fortunately, our guys knew what to do in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 21rooster View Post
    He tried - and they still got whistled on the first zone possession. Nothing worked. It's so strange - the first ten minutes of the game were called normal, and I remember the commentators talking about the great flow of the game. It wasn't as though things were getting chippy at all. Then suddenly the refs decided it was time to get whistle-happy. Fortunately, our guys knew what to do in that situation.
    Agree - the game had a Twilight Zone vibe about it. Both coaching staffs, both fan bases, the announcers and hopefully Stu Jackson sitting court side, were visually taken aback by the whole thing. Good for Gus that he spoke out about it.

I think Jay Bilas, although very bright and capable, can be a bit too preachy for my taste, but I would have loved to have him in the booth with Raf and Gus.

It will be interesting to see how the games go today.
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 03-10-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    2 hour 40 minute game and counting.
    Thankfully it wasn't that long.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    No doubt. Guessing he'll get a phone call tomorrow morning from Val.
    Val is not that stupid. She would agree with Gus.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567