Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GB radio announcer ejected

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I recommend you listen to the broadcast on the link. Your premise does not hold water and had you listened to it first, doubt you would have come to that premise.

Frankly, it is embarrassing to have officials like that. There are far too many of them, though.
    My premise? I was simply asking a question. The first report online said that the official complained that he kept waiving his arms. I simply asked where he was seated in relation to the official scorers.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    My premise? I was simply asking a question. The first report online said that the official complained that he kept waiving his arms. I simply asked where he was seated in relation to the official scorers.
    On the video it was hard to spot him. Certainly didn't see anyone by the scorers table gesticulating wildly.

Got my answer - looking at the video, looks like he was at the press table a row behind the scorers table. Not exactly a spot that the ref should be concerned about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Got my answer - looking at the video, looks like he was at the press table a row behind the scorers table. Not exactly a spot that the ref should be concerned about at all.
    You are correct. That was where he was. Wasn't demonstrative, either. That is why I told you to check the link. As I said, I doubt you would have questioned or commented if you had done that first. It was fairly obvious to me by both the audio and video on the link that the announcer was not at fault and the official way, way, way overreacted.

Can't tell if he was demonstrative, you can't see him in the video, just able to tell where he is located by where the press table is at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12