Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Congrats to coach Crean

  1. #1

    Congrats to coach Crean

    Tom Crean was voted Big Ten Coach of the Year by both the coaches and the media. #iubb

  2. #2
    Congrats as we'll. Yeah, we all disliked how he left. But, he was really good for MU. Sure he has his limitations, but that's the human condition. Again, congrats.

  3. #3
    I would imagine Buzz would get some votes for the ACC COY as well.

  4. #4
    Great season for Crean, but surprised Gard didn't get it. What he did with the Badgers after how Bo left the program has me in awe. Great coaching job.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Great season for Crean, but surprised Gard didn't get it. What he did with the Badgers after how Bo left the program has me in awe. Great coaching job.
    Same could be said for what Crean did after losing Yogi Ferrell. Especially after their NC record. He turned the season around on the backs of his freshman class.

  6. #6
    Mac did you mean someone else? Crean didn't lose Yogi.

    They did have some injuries......Lost Blackman IIRC

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Same could be said for what Crean did after losing Yogi Ferrell. Especially after their NC record. He turned the season around on the backs of his freshman class.
    Think you mean James Blackmon.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Think you mean James Blackmon.
    Yep. Brain fart.

  9. #9
    Story time:

    12 years ago I was traveling for work in Indiana. Hotel room got a copy of the Indy newspaper. In it was an article blasting recruiting experts, primarily Clark Francis because he just published his list of top 5th graders in the nation. 5TH GRADERS!!

    Article went on to say it's too early, let kids be kids etc.

    I thought it was ridiculois so I intentionally kept the paper stashed away thinking, "Yeah right, let's see where this top 5th grader is come college time."

    I thought about it about a year ago and dug it out.

    Yogi Ferrell.

    Good call Clark

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Story time:

    12 years ago I was traveling for work in Indiana. Hotel room got a copy of the Indy newspaper. In it was an article blasting recruiting experts, primarily Clark Francis because he just published his list of top 5th graders in the nation. 5TH GRADERS!!

    Article went on to say it's too early, let kids be kids etc.

    I thought it was ridiculois so I intentionally kept the paper stashed away thinking, "Yeah right, let's see where this top 5th grader is come college time."

    I thought about it about a year ago and dug it out.

    Yogi Ferrell.

    Good call Clark
    Creepy and cool at the same time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •