Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Despite the loss still a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    A the definitive account is on the Wisconsin State Journal website. She calls him a predator. She has hired a lawyer. I don't think this is near the end.
    That's a different personal issue for Bo. Certainly will have zero impact on UW basketball. We can all cheer Bo's demise. But that is it. Will help MU zero iota. We can laugh at our friends and have some fun. On the court, that's a different scenario.

A the definitive account is on the Wisconsin State Journal website. She calls him a predator. She has hired a lawyer. I don't think this is near the end.
    I subscribe to the WSJ and for some reason get "Breaking News" emailed to me (I did not sign up for it). The "Breaking News" today was that bo was cleared of any wrongdoing, not the affair itself.

They are being brought into this kicking and screaming!

I love how the journal sentinel headline is "Ryan did not misuse funds during extramarital affair." In other words... " we are good here... Nothing to see". Who cares that the affair went on 6 years and who cares it wasn't the only one. Oh and who cares that he continues to lie about it?

hall of fame coach and hall of fame a$$h_le

Quote Originally Posted by shaquilvaine View Post
    I love how the journal sentinel headline is "Ryan did not misuse funds during extramarital affair." In other words... " we are good here... Nothing to see". Who cares that the affair went on 6 years and who cares it wasn't the only one. Oh and who cares that he continues to lie about it?

hall of fame coach and hall of fame a$$h_le
    That's the rub. Bo has not been accused of anything other than adultery, which is still technically a "crime" ...but there is nothing else. All very embarrassing for Bo. But he is retired, so there is no real impact. All carefully orchestrated by Barry and Bo. Tomorrow it's yesterday's news. We can all chuckle about it with our Badger friends. Why Bo "retired" when he did. That's all folks. Will not impact Gard's recruiting one iota. Time to move on and let Bo figure out his life.

It's out there now. Anyone think this was the only one?

Gard's integrity may come into play regarding recruiting, especially in Wisconsin. If he keeps playing dumb about this whole situation...... it's obvious that he knew about it, yet makes no admission of that. Some people, especially recruit's parents, may question if they want their kid playing for someone who was an enabler to Ryan. May be stretching a bit, but regardless, not great for UW recruiting. Wonder if the Loserville situation has affected Pitino at all?

This one from Schultz

The Badgers were playing poorly and had a 7-5 record when Ryan left. In an interview with the State Journal shortly after he resigned, in which he denied having an affair, Ryan said he was tired and didn’t want to coach this season but stayed on because Gard was dealing with the death of his father.
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...687535c82.html

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Gard's integrity may come into play regarding recruiting, especially in Wisconsin. If he keeps playing dumb about this whole situation...... it's obvious that he knew about it, yet makes no admission of that. Some people, especially recruit's parents, may question if they want their kid playing for someone who was an enabler to Ryan. May be stretching a bit, but regardless, not great for UW recruiting. Wonder if the Loserville situation has affected Pitino at all?
    Pitino won the national championship post affair. So I doubt it.

+1
    Let's hope this has legs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Pitino won the national championship post affair. So I doubt it.
    But that was him personally. This time he exposed his potential student athletes to prostitution, imo, a totally different can of worms that most parents could never find tolerable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast