Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is This Game Fixed?

To be fair, the officiating in the old BE was criticized roundly as well. B E just has had bad refs, new BE orlon. Need more Driscoll's (w/o the double technicals ).

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    To be fair, the officiating in the old BE was criticized roundly as well. B E just has had bad refs, new BE orlon. Need more Driscoll's (w/o the double technicals ).
    What I did not like about the old BE officiating was a couple of the officials, who were too old and should have retired, and that they allowed far too much body on shots, but called touch fouls above. That said, they were light years ahead of what we are seeing today.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    What I did not like about the old BE officiating was a couple of the officials, who were too old and should have retired, and that they allowed far too much body on shots, but called touch fouls above. That said, they were light years ahead of what we are seeing today.
    I think we saw a lot of the same posts. Yeah, those 2 old guys were ripped. But we were talking about the current BE ref commish running like a girl and on and on. Same old same old. I've always been more impressed with the refs in other conferences. I watched a number of games today and the refs in non-BE games were much more consistent and simply Better in calling the game. Our BE teams are going to have trouble again in the NCAAs due to the allowance of physical play in the BE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I think we saw a lot of the same posts. Yeah, those 2 old guys were ripped. But we were talking about the current BE ref commish running like a girl and on and on. Same old same old. I've always been more impressed with the refs in other conferences. I watched a number of games today and the refs in non-BE games were much more consistent and simply Better in calling the game. Our BE teams are going to have trouble again in the NCAAs due to the allowance of physical play in the BE.
    Yes, we are homers and see things one sided. That said, I did feel the old BE was fairly officiated. I do not feel that way with this edition (and I believe MU has benefited at times from the inconsistent officiating.)

Donny Marshall did the Seton Hall/Butler game earlier this week, said the officiating was inconsistent. Sometimes a foul on one end but not the other. He thought it was frustrating, and he is an impartial observer.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    To be truthful, I knew I made a gratuitous cheap shot at you in the heat of the game. Frustration with the play and officiating got the better of me. I came back to the board and planned to take it down or apologize, but then saw your name calling. Thought better of it after that attack.

Honestly I don't care. I find it humorous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123