Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Butler Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    No need to be sarcastic. We get that you don't like his play. Hope this game helps him as well.
    Hope is not a strategy. Lot's of people hoped Derrick Wilson would be something better than what he was. Sandy and Derrick are very similar players in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    Hope is not a strategy. Lot's of people hoped Derrick Wilson would be something better than what he was. Sandy and Derrick are very similar players in my mind.
    Derrick is history. Sandy still has 2 years to go to fulfill his destiny. Need I mention JaJuan Johnson. I really don't get some folks here.

i get all that, but he was probably the best guy on the court for MU today other than Henry. Give him credit. Mabe he has turned the corner. Homer and Mac just gave him the 6th man award for today. May not be much, but maybe it's a start. That's all I am saying. You don't seem to get that. TODAY.
    Guess I look for more than being the best guy on the court during garbage time. While the game was somewhat competitive, he was a non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Guess I look for more than being the best guy on the court during garbage time. While the game was somewhat competitive, he was a non-factor.
    As we're all the others other than Henry on offense. At least he was aggressive. We move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    His foul on the fast break in the first half was emblematic of his issues. He had no confidence to challenge the shot, was tentative and then tried to avoid the contact and had just a horrendous foul that lead to a 3 point play. Confidence leads to poor decision making. He needs the offseason to come more than anyone else on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    His foul on the fast break in the first half was emblematic of his issues. He had no confidence to challenge the shot, was tentative and then tried to avoid the contact and had just a horrendous foul that lead to a 3 point play. Confidence leads to poor decision making. He needs the offseason to come more than anyone else on the team.
    That may actually have been the saddest thing I have seen on the court this season.

Derrick is history. Sandy still has 2 years to go to fulfill his destiny. Need I mention JaJuan Johnson. I really don't get some folks here.

That's precious as you were one of those front and center hating on JJJ.

Only fools questioned JJJ's ability. Few would question those calling out Sandy's ability at this level. Just look at the conference numbers and do the eye test when the games matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    That's precious as you were one of those front and center hating on JJJ.

Only fools questioned JJJ's ability. Few would question those calling out Sandy's ability at this level. Just look at the conference numbers and do the eye test when the games matter.
    Uhh, not me. I was one of the few who advocated playing JJ the past two years. My issue was always Derrick.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678