Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is our winningest player of all time?

Who is our winningest player of all time?

I was watching the Arizona game and they mentioned that one of the players needs three wins to be the winningest player of all time there. It got me thinking who ours is? I'm going to guess Lazar.
    I'm sure there were players in The 70s who had better three-year careers. I also wonder who the most winning three-year player would be?

Zar may be right - in any event, they have that list in the Marquette game program.

Is winningest defined as most number of games won or highest percentage? If it is sheer number of wins, Chris Otule might be hard to beat given his extra year of eligibility.

Percentage, easily Jime Chones. 49-1 if I recall correctly.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Earl Tatum and Bo (not Ryan) tied with 101 wins. Down the list a bit was Junior C. @ 97 and Zar @ 96 tied with Cubillan.

I assume Bo PLAYED in the most wins since Earl didn't play in every game as a freshman?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    I assume Bo PLAYED in the most wins since Earl didn't play in every game as a freshman?
    Wasn't Earl in the first Freshmen eligible class? However, I'm assuming that Junior had wins that he was associated with when he was injured and not playing?

When did freshmen become eligible?
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    When did freshmen become eligible?
    72-73 season.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Whoops - I misinterpreted your post Ted - I think you are correct - Earl did sit out a fair number of games as a frosh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast