Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seton Hall/Butler & Creighton/Providence

Seton Hall/Butler & Creighton/Providence

7:30 - Seton Hall @ Butler, FS1 - Joe Davis, Donny Marshall
    Line: BUT -4.5
    O/U: 147

8:00 - Creighton @ Providence, CBS SN - Ben Holden, Jordan Cornette, Jon Rothstein
    Line: PROV -3.5
    O/U: 145.5
    March Madness starts in November

Two huge games - and as of now two tournament games in NYC on Thursday. This will help shake things out coming down the home stretch.

I am not too worried about the BE tournament, at this point I want as many teams from the BE in the NCAA tournament as possible... I will be pulling for Butler & Providence tonight.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Those are almost must wins for both Butler and Providence. Lunardi has Butler as the 2nd to last team getting in and Providence as one of the last 8 in. Neither can risk a home loss at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    I am not too worried about the BE tournament, at this point I want as many teams from the BE in the NCAA tournament as possible... I will be pulling for Butler & Providence tonight.
    I couldn't say it any better myself.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Those are almost must wins for both Butler and Providence. Lunardi has Butler as the 2nd to last team getting in and Providence as one of the last 8 in. Neither can risk a home loss at this point.
    I think the quality of wins for Butler and Providence away from home (and in Butler's case, rating well in the non-RPI metrics) have them in a bit better shape then most bracketologists currently believe. I think that both win tonight to help secure their bids (and allows us to hopefully come in and get a W in Hinkle on Saturday).
    #BringShakaHome

I just don't get and never will understand the mentality of rooting for a "conference" that your favorite team plays in. As a Packer fan, I NEVER root for the rest of the NFC North unless it could have a direct impact on whether the Packers make the playoffs or not. In this instance, who really cares how many BE teams make the dance...MU isn't one of them...that just makes them look worse. I understand that all of you want the BE to look better, but I have news for you...the perception isn't going to change regardless. This current BE is simply NOT as good as the old BE, there is no way to sugarcoat it. It never will be, no matter how much we may want it to be. I said at the time when MU moved to this conference, it would be the death knell for the program...well, two years in, and 2 straight years of no NCAA berths, attendance is down, and MU did better in a tougher conference then they are in now. Unfortunately, it is what it is, but it's not trending in the right direction. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

Quick answer - recruiting. Think about it.

VS

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    I just don't get and never will understand the mentality of rooting for a "conference" that your favorite team plays in. As a Packer fan, I NEVER root for the rest of the NFC North unless it could have a direct impact on whether the Packers make the playoffs or not. In this instance, who really cares how many BE teams make the dance...MU isn't one of them...that just makes them look worse. I understand that all of you want the BE to look better, but I have news for you...the perception isn't going to change regardless. This current BE is simply NOT as good as the old BE, there is no way to sugarcoat it. It never will be, no matter how much we may want it to be. I said at the time when MU moved to this conference, it would be the death knell for the program...well, two years in, and 2 straight years of no NCAA berths, attendance is down, and MU did better in a tougher conference then they are in now. Unfortunately, it is what it is, but it's not trending in the right direction. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
    Money... More teams in the tournament = more NCAA tournament credits... NCAA tournament money is very important for this league and will help them keep up with the big boys in recruiting and such. The more teams you have in, the more credits you can potentially earn.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    Quick answer - recruiting. Think about it.

VS
    This makes no sense...It really doesn't. So Butler, PC, Nova, Xavier etc make the tourney and have a decent showing..MU's sitting at home. It may help those school's recruiting, but it isn't doing a THING for MU's recruiting. So while the rest of the conference may be getting better...MU is spinning it's wheels. Not a good look for MU, at all. This will be the third straight year of no NCAA's, after 7 straight in the years prior. It directly coincides with the change in conference. To think otherwise is totally naive. A lot of schools go through coaching changes etc and take a step back, but for three straight years?? Maybe lower echelon schools that had a nice three year run but had zero success prior to that, but a school that was a perennial top 25 team, and elite 8 team, national attention etc. Now back to obscurity?? For a year...yes. But three straight?? All the momentum they had as a program is completely gone...again. It's a steep climb back up the mountain..they better get it figured out. No reason they shouldn't be an NCAA team every single year, or at least most years.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast