Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    I was too lazy to look up his record, I admit it. The others are certainly doing better. Hell, Buzz has been without his top two players all season and is .500 in the ACC with a win over a top 10 team.
    The rest (sans Howkand) will likely be dancing. How exactly is that garbage? Sounds. Like they are doing better than Marquette. That's all I claimed.
    Howland has not even been there a year yet. He has recruited very well. You are not wrong.

Buzz's top two players are out. .
    Hill & Outlaw are the only two guys I see that are out for the year for VT, and neither is their best player. LeDay and Bibbs in my opinion are better than those two. Now they were certainly expected to be contributors, but lets not over state it. However with that being said, Buzz has a FAR more experienced team than we have also. In my opinion Buzz, if any coach, is the one who should be blamed for the last three years, he is who put us in this situation as a coach, not Wojo. I have honestly been impressed with the progress Wojo has shown over this season, this is a very young team and I know we are all hungry for some success after a futile few years, but we also have to understand that we aren't a blue blood that can just reload over night... We have to give Wojo till year 4 when its all his guys, then we can truly judge the progress. So far year 1 was rough, but it wasn't really about him, year 2 has shown obvious improvement, and year 3 is TBD.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Hill & Outlaw are the only two guys I see that are out for the year for VT, and neither is their best player. LeDay and Bibbs in my opinion are better than those two. Now they were certainly expected to be contributors, but lets not over state it. However with that being said, Buzz has a FAR more experienced team than we have also. In my opinion Buzz, if any coach, is the one who should be blamed for the last three years, he is who put us in this situation as a coach, not Wojo. I have honestly been impressed with the progress Wojo has shown over this season, this is a very young team and I know we are all hungry for some success after a futile few years, but we also have to understand that we aren't a blue blood that can just reload over night... We have to give Wojo till year 4 when its all his guys, then we can truly judge the progress. So far year 1 was rough, but it wasn't really about him, year 2 has shown obvious improvement, and year 3 is TBD.
    Agreed this is on Buzz more than anyone, didn't help his foot was half out the door his last year either. That being said, I do appreciate what he did for us in his tenure here.

I actually consider this to be Wojo's first year. First year with the players he actually had time to go out and get, all his recruits. We are trending in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    Agreed this is on Buzz more than anyone, didn't help his foot was half out the door his last year either. That being said, I do appreciate what he did for us in his tenure here.

I actually consider this to be Wojo's first year. First year with the players he actually had time to go out and get, all his recruits. We are trending in the right direction.
    Yep, last year was rather meaningless other than getting the program on the right foot.

One thing I learned from his time with us and beyond. Not only do players get better from year to year (at least hopefully), but so do new coaches.
    IIRC, Al was 14-12 his second year.

VS

even coach K had 10-17 in 2nd yr and 11-17 in his 3rd yr... made the NCAA in his 4th yr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123