Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big East Tournament bracket (through 2/21/16)

Big East Tournament bracket (through 2/21/16)

Movement since last Sunday:

Seton Hall +1
    Butler +1
    Creighton -1
    Georgetown -1

Why would G-Town be the 7 seed at this point? Beat MU and have a better BE record.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Why would G-Town be the 7 seed at this point? Beat MU and have a better BE record.
    Ummmmm yeah? MU is the 8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Ummmmm yeah? MU is the 8 seed.
    Oops read that backward.

If St. John's beats DePaul this week to complete the sweep (especially likely if Garrett is out), assuming DePaul loses out then St. John's will win the tiebreaker and be the #9 seed. MU REALLY needs to get out of that 8 seed. Playing in the first game of the tournament on St. John's home floor trying to beat them a 3rd time? I don't like those odds. They aren't world beaters right now, but they are certainly much improved.

MU just needs to win. To be honest if we want to make the NIT (which should be the goal at this point), we probably need to win 3 out of our last 4 to feel comfortable, and that will be tough given who we play. If we are still sitting in the 8 or 9 seed come BET time I'm not sure it matters who we play or what side of the bracket we are on.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    MU just needs to win. To be honest if we want to make the NIT (which should be the goal at this point), we probably need to win 3 out of our last 4 to feel comfortable, and that will be tough given who we play. If we are still sitting in the 8 or 9 seed come BET time I'm not sure it matters who we play or what side of the bracket we are on.
    Why not win the tournament? If so, positioning in the bracket is vital. Avoiding that 8/9 game would be ideal.

By the way, had MU beaten Creighton, they'd be in Creighton's spot as the #4 right now. That is crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Why not win the tournament? If so, positioning in the bracket is vital. Avoiding that 8/9 game would be ideal.
    It's all a moot point, if we win 3 out of 4 we will be off that 8 or 9 line because those wins will most likely come at the hands or Creighton, Butler, & Georgetown... Win those games and we most likely will vault into the top 5
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post

I would rather be on the bottom part of the bracket so we don't have a night game followed followed by a noon tipoff.

If we are #7, we would be able to wait until the evening. #6 would be better since we would avoid the first round entirely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast