Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT - Steve Novak Traded to Denver

I've been to Pourman's and always knew there was an MU/Novak connection, but wasn't sure what exactly it was. I really enjoy that place. They have a good beer selection and the tap system in the booth's are really nice if you like sampling a variety of beers.

I don't know if I'll go to any additional Bucks games because of Novak (although my Dad who is not a fan of the NBA game experience just texted me that he wants to go see Novak), they will definitely get a t-shirt purchase out of me.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

I was in there one night about 18 months ago. In the house were Brian Wardle, Mike Bargen and Brian Barone. They had heard it was a good MU bar and decided to check it out. I explained the Ben Hebl connection. They knew there was some relationship but, like many, weren't quite sure of the connection.

Small world. I played tons of basketball back in the days with Ben Hebl. I'm still in contact with the Hebl family.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post

I don't know if I'll go to any additional Bucks games because of Novak (although my Dad who is not a fan of the NBA game experience just texted me that he wants to go see Novak), they will definitely get a t-shirt purchase out of me.
    Funny, the NBA is actually one of the best sports to entertain their fans during timeouts.
    March Madness starts in November

That Lin/Novak run was really fun while it lasted.

The Linsanity run made both Steve and Jeremy Lin a whole bunch of money. Happened when Carmelo was out so the Knicks actually shared the ball. Carmelo is a team killer. I hope he never ends up with the Bucks. I hope Carmelo never ends up with the Bulls--unless Jimmy is gone.

Agree with Caribou and Gato, I actually tuned in to watch the Linsanity Knicks as they were a lot of fun to watch (and it was fun seeing Novak get playing time). Unfortunately for Knicks fans, that ended as soon as Carmelo came back, and of course Carmelo is still there. That guy is brutal.

Hopefully Novak gets some playing time with the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Agree with Caribou and Gato, I actually tuned in to watch the Linsanity Knicks as they were a lot of fun to watch (and it was fun seeing Novak get playing time). Unfortunately for Knicks fans, that ended as soon as Carmelo came back, and of course Carmelo is still there. That guy is brutal.

Well except for later that year, when they fired D'Antoni and went 18-6 down the stretch to make the playoffs mostly due to Carmelo leading them in scoring almost every night. That being said, he was an exceptionally poor fit for D'Antoni's offense because he is a slow it down, halfcourt player.

I think people are being a little harsh on Carmelo. He's was a legit star in Denver, but played with a bad roster around him. In 2008-09 though they made the conference finals only to lose to the eventual champion Lakers. He's been slowed considerably by injuries since coming to New York and again has absolutely nothing around him.

He is nowhere near what he used to be, and like a lot of star players, is the last one to acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Well except for later that year, when they fired D'Antoni and went 18-6 down the stretch to make the playoffs mostly due to Carmelo leading them in scoring almost every night. That being said, he was an exceptionally poor fit for D'Antoni's offense because he is a slow it down, halfcourt player.

I think people are being a little harsh on Carmelo. He's was a legit star in Denver, but played with a bad roster around him. In 2008-09 though they made the conference finals only to lose to the eventual champion Lakers. He's been slowed considerably by injuries since coming to New York and again has absolutely nothing around him.

He is nowhere near what he used to be, and like a lot of star players, is the last one to acknowledge that.
    I thought the Linsanity Knicks were more fun to watch than the give the ball to Carmelo and get out of his way Knicks.
    You may be a fan of the way Carmelo plays, and personally I am not, and that is fine. I don't think I watched another Knicks game that year after Carmelo came back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast