Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday's Big East Games 2-13-16

#20 Providence 49 Georgetown 29, halftime on FOX
    Rodney Bullock with 18 points for PC
    Georgetown shooting 32%
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUwarrior1090 View Post
    Xavier over Butler is the only one that I'm certain I should be rooting for.
    I'm pulling for Butler. The Bulldogs need a bigtime home win as they are really in the bubble.

Depends what the goals are I think. Butler winning is certainly better for the conference. Xavier winning is better for Marquette's (bleak) NCAA hopes.

How does Xavier beating Butler, help Marquette's NCAA chances?

This isn't pro sports. Conference standings don't mean anything in terms of ncaa bids. It's the best 36 at-large bids. Plus, one of few better wins for Marquette is against Butler. Plus, MU still has to play at Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

This isn't pro sports. Conference standings don't mean anything in terms of ncaa bids. It's the best 36 at-large bids. Plus, one of few better wins for Marquette is against Butler. Plus, MU still has to play at Butler.
    conference standings help us in the sense that if we can sneak into that top 6 it's one less obstacle for a young team to trip on. At that point we only need 2 wins as both would be over quality teams. After watching this squad lose to DePaul this season and struggle with some teams they shouldn't have every game is a scary one.

Quote Originally Posted by Awilhelmscream View Post
    conference standings help us in the sense that if we can sneak into that top 6 it's one less obstacle for a young team to trip on. At that point we only need 2 wins as both would be over quality teams. After watching this squad lose to DePaul this season and struggle with some teams they shouldn't have every game is a scary one.
    I am in the camp that says a butler win helps mu. need to have more big victories with us taking care of business on our end. butler win i think helps us. 2 of 3 against creighton. sweep those and get on the other side of creighton and then hopefully watch georgetown also get on the other side of us. Our chances are not great, but the next three are winnable, but both tough games against creighton. Then would need to take 2 of last three with two of those being at home. tall task, but doable

Georgetown is within 4 points of Providence on FOX, 2:59 left.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

Conference standings, and the fact that Butler would be a team that we'd be competing with for a spot.

Providence 70 Georgetown 67, 2:42 left on FOX.

Hoyas was down by 26 at one point.

This would be an epic choke job by Providence. We're up 26 ...now 4 with 1:30 left

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast