Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the brightest side

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Not sure if you were referencing this - but the staff has also made a concerted effort of getting him on the left wing where he can attack the middle of the floor with his right hand. He's real tough to stop from that spot. I love the little 5-6 foot stop, pull up one hander he's developed as well.

I LOVE Cheatham's attack mentality but if could develop this lil stop and pull up or stop/pivot/one hander like JJ he could be an absolute stud on the wing.
    I was referencing more of them getting JJ to play under control and greatly improving his perimeter shot, but that is also an excellent observation. He is best driving from that spot and sitting in the corner for the kick out three pointer.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I was referencing more of them getting JJ to play under control and greatly improving his perimeter shot, but that is also an excellent observation. He is best driving from that spot and sitting in the corner for the kick out three pointer.
    JJ is so much better at picking his shots. His pull ups last night were awesome. In the past he would so often just jack a three or drive out of control. His game is so much smoother and smarter. I wondered if he would ever really develop. If this keeps up he could be really special next year.

My favorite Jj play last night was sticking his nose in there and getting a tough(I understand others don't agree) offensive rebound among the trees and then instead of forcing up a contested shot(like he would have in years past) he fires it out to a wide open Traci Carter for a big 3 pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Not sure if you were referencing this - but the staff has also made a concerted effort of getting him on the left wing where he can attack the middle of the floor with his right hand. He's real tough to stop from that spot. I love the little 5-6 foot stop, pull up one hander he's developed as well.

I LOVE Cheatham's attack mentality but if could develop this lil stop and pull up or stop/pivot/one hander like JJ he could be an absolute stud on the wing.
    I think HC's been putting in the work on the pull up. I'm sure next year we'll see it and more improvement. I had discussion with a local guy who knows him about a pump fake. Would love to see that too, but don't know if that is being worked on

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    My favorite Jj play last night was sticking his nose in there and getting a tough(I understand others don't agree) offensive rebound among the trees and then instead of forcing up a contested shot(like he would have in years past) he fires it out to a wide open Traci Carter for a big 3 pointer.
    That play was awesome. Really showed the growth of JJ as a player. I pointed that one out to my neighbor, another example of JJ making the right play. For me, he was our MVP last night. Every time we needed a play, he made something happen. I know Henry had the monster line, but JJ was just clutch beyond belief. Such a radical change from the kid who looked lost last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    That play was awesome. Really showed the growth of JJ as a player. I pointed that one out to my neighbor, another example of JJ making the right play. For me, he was our MVP last night. Every time we needed a play, he made something happen. I know Henry had the monster line, but JJ was just clutch beyond belief. Such a radical change from the kid who looked lost last year.
    The replay from under the basket was a really good angle. You could see JJ's thought process. He looks up and thinks "No way" then turns to see a wide open Carter and fires the ball to him. He also seemed to get in position for the rebound as well.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12