Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the brightest side

On the brightest side

Did I see MU had only something like 5 turnovers in 2nd half and 2 overtimes?

Homer said it was 6. Pretty impressive.

That's crazy considering how many times we tried to hand them the game in the closing minutes of OT's and regulation
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    That's crazy considering how many times we tried to hand them the game in the closing minutes of OT's and regulation
    They did seem to happen at the most inopportune times. Was Henry fumbling the Providence rebound out of bounds considered one of them?
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    They did seem to happen at the most inopportune times. Was Henry fumbling the Providence rebound out of bounds considered one of them?
    That was Fischer.

That isn't going to be a turnover.....counts as a team rebound because Luke never really had possession.

Same result though.

Really liked the way Traci played....and JJ too for the most part. Both were aggressive and played tough.

JJ had too many mental lapses In the zone though.....and never should have tried for that steal late.

How about this? I believe JJJ is now the leading 3Pt shooter on the team by %. Who would have thought that to be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    That isn't going to be a turnover.....counts as a team rebound because Luke never really had possession.

Same result though.

Really liked the way Traci played....and JJ too for the most part. Both were aggressive and played tough.

JJ had too many mental lapses In the zone though.....and never should have tried for that steal late.
    You will never be able to convince me that JJ is tough. Until he gets on the ground going after balls(which he had a chance to do tonight),actually blocks out on D and is stronger with the ball, he will not have the word tough used to describe him. That said, I thought he was great tonight getting into the lane. And how big were his stones taking and making that three in OT. Love his confidence right now. Becoming somebody that can be counted on regularly, which is huge.

The staff has made JJ into a very nice offensive player. I would love it if they could invest that same time this offseason into making him a good defensive player, as the raw tools are there. If he could become a plus-defender, JJ could make a lot of money playing this game.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    The staff has made JJ into a very nice offensive player. I would love it if they could invest that same time this offseason into making him a good defensive player, as the raw tools are there. If he could become a plus-defender, JJ could make a lot of money playing this game.
    Not sure if you were referencing this - but the staff has also made a concerted effort of getting him on the left wing where he can attack the middle of the floor with his right hand. He's real tough to stop from that spot. I love the little 5-6 foot stop, pull up one hander he's developed as well.

I LOVE Cheatham's attack mentality but if could develop this lil stop and pull up or stop/pivot/one hander like JJ he could be an absolute stud on the wing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast