Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Marquette - Providence game thread

We are going to have a very capable backcourt with Carter, Cheatham, Rousey and Wilson next year. Cheatham has been impressive as a freshman and it feels like Carter is getting comfortable at this level too now. Carter can blow by anyone when he uses his quickness and he'll use it more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Talked to various people about it at the half, various theories, but many have a similar theme.
    Would love to hear more about this, because that student showing was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Side note, 20 seats taken up by NBA scouts tonight. About a dozen teams, some of which have multiple. Bucks (2), Bulls (2), Heat (2), Lakers (3), Pelicans, T-Wolves (3), Clippers, Suns, Hornets (2), Mavericks, Nuggets, 76ers.

Bucks are only listed with 2, but I have seen four of them here.
    John Hammond was in the house.

The Bucks had everyone there, John Hammond, Billy McKinney, Dave Babcock and Chris Gilmartin.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I saw Mr and Mrs Gato signaling for Wojo to use his final timeout prior to Lindsey shooting his free throws at the end of the first overtime with 6 seconds left. Wojo decided otherwise and Lindsey hit both to tie it.

I thought freeze him and set up a play.

Regarding Bentil, maybe he's peaking now, but I could see him being a Jimmy Butler type. The kid has gone from decent fill-in big man to the best player in the Big East over a summer. If I'm a scout, I'm thinking he is worth a lottery pick. Great frame, strength, and can shoot. Ideal stretch 4. Just baffles me how he isn't in any of the mock drafts I've looked at today.

EDIT: And when I say Jimmy Butler type, I don't mean play style but rather that they just keep getting better. Even watching Bentil this year it's like he keeps discovering new things he can do. Sky is the limit for that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwman View Post
    plus he should have had the game winning FTs at end of 1st OT. Totally blown call where guy holds his forearm on the shot right in front of the ref...no call...

https://vine.co/v/inWvggeWMIF
    Sure looked that way from my vantage point last night. DVR replay today shows the same. Refs swallowed their whistles on that one. Then, you have the opposite in the call on Luke at the end of the DePaul game. Get no love from the refs at the BC.

FWIW - Big East referee supervisor John Cahill was in attendance last night. As most of us know, he wouldn't know a good ref if he saw one. I wonder if he visited the corner in front of the visitors bench where he made the awful foul call on Dominic James at the buzzer which cost us the game against Georgetown a few years ago. You know for old time's sake. Anyway , he must have been real happy with the foul call on Henry giving Bentil 3 free throws near the end.

If you are GM and you have Bentil and Henry on the board, who do you take?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast