Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Marquette - Providence game thread

That was a crazy game. From start to finish.

MU kept battling. Kept trying. Kept the turnovers down.

Carter, Ellenson and Cheatham were very good at times. JJ as well. Luke was good, but again, too many fouls.

But the team is getting better.

By the way, I cannot remember a guy in the Big East improving more in one season than Ben Bentil.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwman View Post
    Watched it on replay, they never touch. ..even feet. He was fading on the shot and sat down on the landing
    His hands were on the shooter after the shot. With him falling, you know they were going to call it. Not saying it was a foul, but they were going to call it.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    And that "Should" do it.
    Thank god we made both of those free throws at the end to go up 5. With the way the game was going, I could see us fouling as a desperation 3 went in for Providence.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

RPI at 97 now.....only 40 or 50 points to go!

The game was never in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    By the way, I cannot remember a guy in the Big East improving more in one season than Ben Bentil.

Wow.
    He's something else, man. Looks like the perfect NBA stretch 4. Nice shot, athletic, strong. Real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    The game was never in doubt.
    Well, maybe just a bit. . A stressful but very enjoyable night at the BC...!

Those kids played their tails off. Had a moment of madness at the end of the first OT, but really showed a lot of toughness to shake that off.

Especially happy for Traci. Not playing at the end of the Butler and Xavier games was getting to him. Got his chance and was outstanding down the stretch. That three point play was massive.

plus he should have had the game winning FTs at end of 1st OT. Totally blown call where guy holds his forearm on the shot right in front of the ref...no call...

https://vine.co/v/inWvggeWMIF
    Last edited by mcwman; 02-10-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast