Thread: Hinkle Fieldhouse

Hinkle Fieldhouse

The place is special. I think every basketball fan should visit there. While you are at Butler, grab something to eat at Yats.

This post is out of left field?!

Were you just there? Did you get tickets for when MU play there on March 5th?
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 02-10-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    The place is special. I think every basketball fan should visit there.
    Totally agree. Would love to get back to see it after the renovations.

When MU played there a couple years ago, our group had shootaround at the Hoosier Gym in the morning, and the game at Hinkle in the afternoon.

After the way that game went, by the end of the night I looked like Shooter stumbling back to the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    This post is out of left field?!

Were you just there? Did you get tickets for when MU play there on March 5th?
    I attended the Butler Women's practice at Hinkle today. Staff was very friendly. I went to IU Women's practice yesterday. They have a beautiful practice facility. I can't imagine another school having a better one. Staff was more than accommodating and energetic. They have a young and up and coming team. Going to watch Miami of Ohio's team tommorow.

Hinkle is nicer now that they have renovated it. Before that, it was a dump with great history.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Hinkle is nicer now that they have renovated it. Before that, it was a dump with great history.
    Agreed - smelled like an old CYO gym that many of us can relate too. Good bone structure - just needed to freshen it up.

Don't like the almost residential neighborhood it is in though - pain finding parking and no real central bar/restaurant area close to the Fieldhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Agreed - smelled like an old CYO gym that many of us can relate too. Good bone structure - just needed to freshen it up.
    So kind of like you?
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    So kind of like you?
    You could say that.

BTW, you have a series of letters at the bottom of all your posts that don't seem to make any sense. You may want to address that.

Hinkle went from 10,000 to 9,100. Looks great with the renovated bleachers ripped out and now seats. Scoreboard looks sharp. Still, kept the history look of the building.
    March Madness starts in November