Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: This Loss Is On WOJO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Get a grip man, Traci has historically struggled in late game situations. The story again was turnovers.
    ...and Traci had only two and the two guys that were playing point in his absence had 11 between them. Traci also lead the team in assists with 7.

I too was wondering where Traci was. I just would have preferred Traci dishing to Duane and HC rather than those two sometimes forcing the issue.

Yes, Traci put up a couple ill-advised 3's and missed a layup after making a nice move, but to summarily dismiss and jump on PW's disappointment in not seeing Traci in there towards the tail end of the game went just as overboard as maybe PW's tone (but not substance IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    ...and Traci had only two and the two guys that were playing point in his absence had 11 between them. Traci also lead the team in assists with 7.

I too was wondering where Traci was. I just would have preferred Traci dishing to Duane and HC rather than those two sometimes forcing the issue.

Yes, Traci put up a couple ill-advised 3's and missed a layup after making a nice move, but to summarily dismiss and jump on PW's disappointment in not seeing Traci in there towards the tail end of the game went just as overboard as maybe PW's tone (but not substance IMO).
    So in this scenario, JJ would be on the bench, and he was really good the last 4 minutes or so. We certainly aren't going to bench Luke or Henry, and ditto to Duane. So the last two spots are TC, Haaney or JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    So in this scenario, JJ would be on the bench, and he was really good the last 4 minutes or so. We certainly aren't going to bench Luke or Henry, and ditto to Duane. So the last two spots are TC, Haaney or JJ.
    Why "ditto to Duane"? Wasn't the consensus that T/O's was MU's undoing today? Would it have hurt to sit him for 2-3 minutes? Just my opinion - you have yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    He isn't going to play the whole game. Guys get tired.....they need a blow.....come on.
    After seeing this, I checked Henry's minutes. At 36 minutes,I think I have to concede. Wojo had to give Henry a break at some point. Timing didn't seem ideal, but then again, what would be ideal?

Quote Originally Posted by 21rooster View Post
    After seeing this, I checked Henry's minutes. At 36 minutes,I think I have to concede. Wojo had to give Henry a break at some point. Timing didn't seem ideal, but then again, what would be ideal?
    Ideally? Clock at triple 0 and Marquette ahead on the scoreboard.

Funny, the loss was Wojo's fault, but going toe to toe with the number 6 team on their home court? Magically happened.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Traci was in at the end of the 1st half and MU had four empty, rushed possessions with a Haanif in foul trouble. Wojo clearly prefers Cheatam in those situations, for better or worse. Both have a lot of potential, but both turn the ball over a lot. PG experience cures a lot of coaching ills.

If my math is correct, in Big East play, Traci has 42 assists and 25 TO's including 14 assists and 4 TO's in two games against X.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    If my math is correct, in Big East play, Traci has 42 assists and 25 TO's including 14 assists and 4 TO's in two games against X.
    Per conference stats at gomarquette.com, Traci has 48 assists and 27 TO's in 21.5 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Per conference stats at gomarquette.com, Traci has 48 assists and 27 TO's in 21.5 mpg.
    Whoops - did it manually in my head game by game - must have missed a game. Didnt know that resource existed - thanks Nukem2!

Nobody is saying Traci sucks, but he makes freshman mistakes when things get rushed, like during end of game situations. Duane had a lot of turnovers but is normally much more solid in late game situations. I have no issue with that decision, even at the very worst it's a toss up call.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456