Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: This Loss Is On WOJO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Thank you. The only thing I'm complaining about is the shot lock violation on Luke.
    Why is that, video clearly showed the ball was in his hand. If the clock was 0.6, we need shot clocks that say that, like in the NBA.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Not quite.

they did come back and tie it at 72 and at 75.

So in spite of this terrible decisions by Wojo, the team overcame this horrific set back to tie the game. How did Wojo blow after this?
    That's why I said "essentially" as "Xavier" still had the ball playing at home. I was going to say that, but decided to keep the post shorter. It was an uphill battle after 65-63. I said game over at that point and, well, it was. Momentum was lost.

Keeping the lead in this game was important. X was not going to lose once it had the upper hand and it certainly played out that way.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 02-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Phantom: R-E-L-A-X. Carter was pulled because he air balled a three when he had Luke in good post position right in front of him at the same time. Also needed length for defense. I have no problem whatsoever with Wojo's coaching today. Big picture this and ask yourself if you would be happy going in with a chance to win at the 2:00 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    That's why I said "essentially" as "Xavier" still had the ball playing at home. I was going to say that, but decided to keep the post shorter. It was an uphill battle after 65-63. I said game over at that point and, well, it was. Momentum was lost.

Keeping the lead in this game was important. X was not going to lose once it had the upper hand and it certainly played out that way.
    "Technically" they did lose the lead. The had a lead and then it was tied, twice. But I get your point.

My point is that a really young team did come back on the road to the #6 team in the country and tie it twice under 5 minutes left. One TimeOut not called with 8 minutes to go didn't decide the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Takes Traci out with 8 minutes left, and doesn't put him back in until there are 20 seconds left!

Unbelievable!!!!

I am beginning to have my doubts about Wojo.
    This loss was on 20 turnovers. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    No one disputes that. Just talking about a turning point in the game. MU essentially played behind the rest of the way. That's tough for this young squad. Wojo REALLY needed to help out with a needed timeout especially with Henry on the bench. Is that hard to grasp? In any event, a good effort by our guys on the road. Another learning experience. Next game.
    We were down 2 and came back to tie the game. Waiting to call a timeout didn't remotely decide the game. Not getting stops in the last 3:30 was far more detrimental to the outcome. You're putting way too much importance on one relatively inconsequential detail.

I just watched Wojo's post game press conference. It is clear that he was concerned about Haanif and Traci's matchup with Sumner. He talked about how difficult it is dealing with Sumner's length. When you compare Traci's PT at the end with Wojo's remarks, it makes a lot of sense why he had Haanif and Swaggy in over that stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Why is that, video clearly showed the ball was in his hand. If the clock was 0.6, we need shot clocks that say that, like in the NBA.
    That was the quickest 1 second count I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    We were down 2 and came back to tie the game. Waiting to call a timeout didn't remotely decide the game. Not getting stops in the last 3:30 was far more detrimental to the outcome. You're putting way too much importance on one relatively inconsequential detail.
    My original point also was that Henry was out all this time. That is the other half of the equation. Momentum was lost and Xavier had the lead or the ball thereafter. MU was playing uphill on the road against #6 in the country. One just knew the outcome at that point.

I was screaming for a timeout at 63-61 and would have put Henry back as the team looked ragged. Again, on the road.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 02-06-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Henry is human. Wojo tried to get him a rest. He wanted him in good shape down the stretch. Maybe you "felt" you knew the outcome, but you would be lying both to yourself and to us. The game was tied twice after that. One stop and one make and we would have had the lead. The outcome was not known. You're just trying to justify your take.

It was one decision in a 40 minute game. Turnovers were a bigger issue. Not getting stops in the last 3:30 were a bigger issue. Xavier shooting 65% beyond the arc was a bigger issue. And yet you are trying to say it was all because he waited one possession too long to call a timeout? That's just silly talk, especially in a game with 8 minutes left that was subsequently tied twice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast