Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Loss Is On WOJO!!!!!

Last month, X pounded MU and during this stretch, people are wondering if this team is getting better.

We go to their gym, against the #6 team in the country, and they put up a big run to go up 19-12. Not only does MU not fold it up, the respond with a 17-1 run. They hold that lead until the last 8 minutes, but do they fold again? Nope. the keep battling and even pull back into a tie.

With two minutes left we are trailing by 1 and we aren't able to come back.

This team certainly made a lot of mistakes but they also played extremely well against the #6 team in the country at their place. Give me this effort for the rest of the season and we can win 20 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    News flash...we aren't going 40-0 this year. We also almost certainly aren't going to the NCAAs and likely will have to go the CBI route if we want postseason play. That's not being negative, that's reality.

For anyone who hasn't come to grips with this yet, maybe look at the positives. Today was full of positives. Xavier is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really damn good.

We didn't lose this game. They beat us. There's a difference.
    No one disputes that. Just talking about a turning point in the game. MU essentially played behind the rest of the way. That's tough for this young squad. Wojo REALLY needed to help out with a needed timeout especially with Henry on the bench. Is that hard to grasp? In any event, a good effort by our guys on the road. Another learning experience. Next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Anyone complaining about this performance today is out of their damn mind. This loss isn't on Wojo, it's on Xavier shooting insanely lights out from three. We played great, we neutralized Farr, that was one of the most complete games we've played all season. We got beat by the #6 team in the country in their gym. Don't be inane.
    Hopefully, the team doesn't feel this way. Hopefully, they are pissed.
    I remember when the midgets played in the tourny down in Orlando over Thanksgiving. Played amazing, just ran out of gas. You could see it, they gave it their all, but just had nothing left at the end of the third game in 4 days, while only playing 7 guys. After the game, Lazar just destroyed a chair. He was pissed that they lost. Never mind they were underdogs in the first two games. Never mind that they lost to a bigger, stronger team. He was furious.
    Hopefully, our team is too.

I agree that we have no right to complain, our team performed admirably. But I hope they are not at all happy about this.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

But, he did when only down two while waiting for the under eight.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    No one disputes that. Just talking about a turning point in the game. MU essentially played behind the rest of the way. That's tough for this young squad. Wojo REALLY needed to help out with a needed timeout especially with Henry on the bench. Is that hard to grasp? In any event, a good effort by our guys on the road. Another learning experience. Next game.
    Not quite.

they did come back and tie it at 72 and at 75.

So in spite of this terrible decisions by Wojo, the team overcame this horrific set back to tie the game. How did Wojo blow after this?

13-20 from 3. Ball game. What are you going to do when a team shoots like that? Have to win out now.

Other than the final score, I thought this was a damn good game...the reason why I live for college hoops.

IIRC the OP of this thread predicted that MU would lose by 15. One would think he'd be pleased with the team's and the coaches' efforts!

VS

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I'm fine with the decisions Wojo made in the game. We played a hell of a game. Xavier just played a little better.
    Thank you. The only thing I'm complaining about is the shot lock violation on Luke.

Cheatham had 21 points in 21 minutes.......when he is good he is very good. Foul trouble was the only thing that stopped him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Cheatham had 21 points in 21 minutes.......when he is good he is very good. Foul trouble was the only thing that stopped him today.
    And 4 turnovers. I can't wait to see him when the game slows down a bit more for him. It is going to be fun watching him for the next few years.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast