Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This Loss Is On WOJO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    That was the quickest 1 second count I've seen.
    But it might not have been 1 second. The clock would show 1 second even if there was only 1/10 of a second left.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    But it might not have been 1 second. The clock would show 1 second even if there was only 1/10 of a second left.
    I thought the jump ball whistle was slow.

As far as the clock, I too thought it was quick. I'm drawing a complete and total blank on the shot and game clock in college - the NBA goes to tenths of a second for both game and shot clock, but not for college?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Tucker_Rule
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 02-06-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Have posted this in the past, but we lost because we took 8 less shots. Turnovers killed us again

Duane had 7 turnovers. He needs to be better.

A couple weeks ago this could've been a romp, this team is (finally) getting better. Now it needs to figure out consistency

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    This loss was on 20 turnovers. Period.
    Yeah, we out rebounded them, we shot a good percentage from three. Had more free throws until the end, more steals, more blocks.
    Our assist ratio could have been better.
    But it was the turnovers that killed us. Value every possession.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Turnovers is the Achilles heal which isn't surprising because both our pgs are freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Turnovers is the Achilles heal which isn't surprising because both our pgs are freshmen.
    And 1 of our point guards is really a 2 guard learning to play the point.

Also our bigs have turned it over a lot this year as well. Today Duane was the major culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I thought the jump ball whistle was slow.

As far as the clock, I too thought it was quick. I'm drawing a complete and total blank on the shot and game clock in college - the NBA goes to tenths of a second for both game and shot clock, but not for college?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Tucker_Rule
    Yep no tenths just seconds on the shot clocks in college. I assume that is also the case with the game clock but not sure.

I tend to agree that taking Henry out at that point was a big mistake. For consecutive games, Wojo has killed rallies by changing personnel when things were clicking. Against Seton Hall, he took out an effective Luke when they got the lead down to 3, and Sandy comes in to turn the ball over on a charge. Today, MU had momentum and Had an effective offense going. Wojo pulls Henry, and momentum disappears. MU lost because X is great and MU turns the ball over way too much, but I also think that momentum is huge in basketball, and the substitutions killed that momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by 21rooster View Post
    I tend to agree that taking Henry out at that point was a big mistake. For consecutive games, Wojo has killed rallies by changing personnel when things were clicking. Against Seton Hall, he took out an effective Luke when they got the lead down to 3, and Sandy comes in to turn the ball over on a charge. Today, MU had momentum and Had an effective offense going. Wojo pulls Henry, and momentum disappears. MU lost because X is great and MU turns the ball over way too much, but I also think that momentum is huge in basketball, and the substitutions killed that momentum.
    He isn't going to play the whole game. Guys get tired.....they need a blow.....come on.

I thought MU played a helluva game. Not a perfect game, but well enough to beat a top 10 team. Xavier did what they had to do to win.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast