Thread: Marquette Baseball (my IWB imitation)

Marquette Baseball (my IWB imitation)

I am irritated.
    Just got a new car. Mrs pbiflyer pointed out that it was also time for a new Marquette license plate holder, as mine was well worn.
    So, living in Florida, it was time to do a little online shopping at the Spirit shop, with the wife's permission no less.
    What do I find? One option. This.
    thumb.aspx.jpg
    Really?? Baseball? We don't even have a frigging baseball team.
    No Golden Eagles, no MU alum, no MU Basketball. Just a cheap generic print baseball one.
    Who in the hell stocked this? And why can't they stock stuff people would actually want???
    Here is the link to the item: http://shop.marquette.edu/COLLEGE_Ma...se_Plate_Frame
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

They have a bunch at the actual Spirit Shop. However, I believe the online store is contracted out and managed separately. That baseball one probably isn't stocked, it's just a generic template they use for every school, kind of like cafepress.

Your best shot is probably ebay, or finding someone to pick you up one at the physical store.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marquette-Al...EAAOSwLN5Whzkq
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marquette-Go...cAAOSwXshWtAQQ

This stuff kills me, and is another thing that really Irritates me.

I coach football for the Marquette Jr. Hilltoppers. They use a "service" for their spirit wear. So the service automatically churns out sell sheets.

What do the shirts & sweatshirts etc say? "Marquette Football"? Nope. "Hilltopper Football"? Nope. "Junior Hilltopper Football"? Nope.

"Junior Football".

Yeah, that is what I want, a bunch of shirts that say "Junior Football". By the time they corrected it people had already ordered so we had a bunch of kids wearing "Junior Football" gear.

Hey, do you play football? No, I play "Junior Football"... Morons.

What they should do, is use some body like..... IWB Marketing? IWB Sports Apparel?

Yep - Spirit Wear, Uniforms, Corporate Apparel, Promotional items like Golf Balls, Pens, Mugs, Leather Folders....

Open all day - every day!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

So, is shop.marquette.edu a completely different site than spiritshop.marquette.edu?
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    I am irritated.
    Just got a new car. Mrs pbiflyer pointed out that it was also time for a new Marquette license plate holder, as mine was well worn.
    So, living in Florida, it was time to do a little online shopping at the Spirit shop, with the wife's permission no less.
    What do I find? One option. This.
    thumb.aspx.jpg
    Really?? Baseball? We don't even have a frigging baseball team.
    No Golden Eagles, no MU alum, no MU Basketball. Just a cheap generic print baseball one.
    Who in the hell stocked this? And why can't they stock stuff people would actually want???
    Here is the link to the item: http://shop.marquette.edu/COLLEGE_Ma...se_Plate_Frame
    It's not just the MU Spirit Shop, other schools do it too. I was at Stanford last year and got my son who plays Lacrosse a Stanford LAX shirt. They don't have a D1 team. Last weekend, I took the same son to Columbia for South Carolina's admitted student day. At the bookstore we found USC LAX shirts and the best they field is a club team.

Revenue is revenue so the Spirit Shop will sell anything with an MU logo to make money and they're not alone.

Yes, a lot of schools do that with T-Shirts. You can get Ski Team, Tiddlywinks team, you name it, they do it as a joke. But when you see a license plate holder? That is an error.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

MU has always sold shirts and hats for club sports teams also. Rugby, Crew, Lacrosse (before going D1) etc... I don't see a problem with that.