Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT The Bucks

I understood the trade at the time, they didn't think it was worth paying both Knight and Middleton big time money. They picked Middleton.
    Now they are seeing that the team makeup isn't working, and it sounds like they are willing to MCW, who might be a nice piece on a team with more outside shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I understood the trade at the time, they didn't think it was worth paying both Knight and Middleton big time money. They picked Middleton.
    Now they are seeing that the team makeup isn't working, and it sounds like they are willing to MCW, who might be a nice piece on a team with more outside shooters.
    I agree. I still like the trade. The problem with the Bucks in the past is that they were always good enough to just make the playoffs. Signing both Knight and Middleton would have kept them in that ceiling of success. They put their cards into Parker and The Greek Freak. They were the future. Then, they decided that Middleton would be part of that. I don't think their ultimate goal was to be good this year. I think they want to have a dynamite team when the new arena opens. In the meantime, they signed Monroe, showing that they are willing to go the extra mile to win. If they could win now, without mortgaging the future, what is the harm? If they can trade Monroe for a draft pick or a guy who will develop later, that is a win, considering the ultimate goal.

What really hurt the Bucks this year is that neither Monroe and Parker are good defenders. When you have to play both of them together, the strength of your team is now a weakness. If we could get another lottery pick and trade Monroe for a future piece, that would be better getting into the playoffs with a 6-8 seed, yet again. I still like MCW. But, I think he could be part of that future. However, if they trade him for a pick or another player with a high upside in the future, I can understand that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I wonder if there's a market for him with one of the contenders out West. He was magnificent in both games against GSW, and made life difficult for Curry.

Now that the arena legislation has passed, they can be more patient in trying to build a championship team. I am concerned about how much power Kidd is being given. He should have input, but Hammond and his scouting staff should have the final say. Also would be unfair to allow the media to hold Hammond accountable for personnel decisions if Kidd is the one calling the shots. I hope the media presses the Bucks on this issue.....who has final say on personnel decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I wonder if there's a market for him with one of the contenders out West. He was magnificent in both games against GSW, and made life difficult for Curry.
    I was thinking the same thing. A team like the Spurs, OKC or the Clippers. MCW would be a nice defensive option on Curry or Thompson. Would the Bucks take a late first round pick for MCW? I would.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. A team like the Spurs, OKC or the Clippers. MCW would be a nice defensive option on Curry or Thompson. Would the Bucks take a late first round pick for MCW? I would.
    As would I.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Especially if it was a 2017 pick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12