Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seton Hall

Whitehead just dominating the game

They are packing it in on defense so much right now. We really need more shooters.

The Hall just too strong and athletic for us. They contest everything in the paint. Defense has been a sieve in the 2nd half....very similar to the first time we played them.

Excluding last year, some of the worst guard play in many years.

As I mentioned earlier in the week, the offense really tends to struggle with Sandy in the lineup. He's contributing nothing on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Agree - and sorry, this may have been discussed in the past, but what's with the lobsters?
    They call their arena "the Rock" ... So they are Rock Lobsters...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I believe it was 60-57 when Sandy saw an opening and drove the lane and instead of pulling up for a floater, got a charge. That was it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    I believe it was 60-57 when Sandy saw an opening and drove the lane and instead of pulling up for a floater, got a charge. That was it after that.
    And right back at the other end, Hall got multiple offensive rebounds and ended up hitting a three (and then threes the next two possessions as well).
    #BringShakaHome

Our overall play wasn't stellar really at any position in this game. Seton Hall is tougher than we are. We made Delgado look all world with 13 boards (5 offensive) and 19 points.
    Whitehead played like he was projected coming out of high school, and really this Hall team can be very good.

Problem is Seton Hall is very young, and should only be better next year. I know we keep talking about our team being young, but Seton Hall is really young.

Of the 200 minutes played in the game, minutes played by players above soph for Seton Hall was 25, basically one senior and 2 scrub minutes. That is only 12.5%, meaning 87.5% of the minutes played will be back, and will still not be seniors.

For MU, if you include Henry in the calculation as he is a one and done, the juniors and Henry combined for 101 minutes or over 50%. That means less than 50% of our minutes were played by Soph or Frosh not named Henry (I include Henry as one and done players, as for future purposes, they are like seniors).

I thought a relative bright spot was the play of JJ. Get him some openings and he is one guy that can create a good shot near the paint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123