Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bubble Watch

Bubble Watch

Yes, it's ESPN, but I think Eamonn Brennan does a fair job. He mentions there are so very few locks at this point of the season. Too many games left to be played. FWIW:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch

And we are not even on the radar, which is a good call at the moment.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Agreed MKE - we shouldn't be in the discussion at this point. Doesn't mean we cant go on a run to get back in it, but man that loss to DePaul, ugh.

As a side note he does say "Lowlights for Wiscy - home loss to Marq"

I posted this on another board but I think by rule they omit teams with RPI over 100. Win tonight and we could be in next weeks edition.

Given everything we've seen this season, I'd be very satisfied with an NIT birth.

Would signal notable improvement from the past couple of years and get us some momentum under Wojo.

Seeing our remaining schedule, the opportunity is still definitely there. An uneducated guess, but I'd wager even 8-11 could get us in.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    Given everything we've seen this season, I'd be very satisfied with an NIT birth.

Would signal notable improvement from the past couple of years and get us some momentum under Wojo.

Seeing our remaining schedule, the opportunity is still definitely there. An uneducated guess, but I'd wager even 8-11 could get us in.
    We weren't all that close with a 9-9 record in Buzz's last year. Add to it that we may be compared with Georgetown, Seton Hall, Creighton, Butler for NIT bids and the poor RPI and SOS numbers and i think we will have to go 10-8 to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    We weren't all that close with a 9-9 record in Buzz's last year. Add to it that we may be compared with Georgetown, Seton Hall, Creighton, Butler for NIT bids and the poor RPI and SOS numbers and i think we will have to go 10-8 to have a chance.
    Need to get a sub-90 RPI to get to the NIT especially with automatic bids to regular season champs who lose in their conference tourneys. The lowest RPI last year was 90. I think MU was 96 in Buzz's last season. I suspect the selection committee looks heavily at the RPI for the NIT.

9-9 should get it done this year and I believe would get us over a 90 RPI, with that said a win tonight would go a long way in helping us get to the NIT as Seton Hall would be a top 50 win on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Need to get a sub-90 RPI to get to the NIT especially with automatic bids to regular season champs who lose in their conference tourneys. The lowest RPI last year was 90. I think MU was 96 in Buzz's last season. I suspect the selection committee looks heavily at the RPI for the NIT.
    92, but we definitely still need to win to get to the NIT. 9-9 or 10-8 should be good for a NIT bid. Though if we finish 7-11 or 8-10, I could see a CBI trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    92, but we definitely still need to win to get to the NIT. 9-9 or 10-8 should be good for a NIT bid. Though if we finish 7-11 or 8-10, I could see a CBI trip.
    Doubt we would accept a CBI bid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast