Thread: Marquette Contender to make NCAA

Marquette Contender to make NCAA

Sporting News had an article on Big East and has Marquette, Butler, Georgetown and Seton Hall as contenders to make NCAA's. Christ Dunn is POY and Xavier is in top spot, followed by by Villanova and Providence.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/469...er-of-the-year

Quote Originally Posted by jpvegas52 View Post
    Christ Dunn is POY
    POY seems like a step down for Him.

With an RPI OF 111 I think it's a hair too soon for us to be talking NCAA tournament... The Butler win was fun and all, but it's still a major up hill to even be within earshot of all the bubble chatter.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    With an RPI OF 111 I think it's a hair too soon for us to be talking NCAA tournament... The Butler win was fun and all, but it's still a major up hill to even be within earshot of all the bubble chatter.
    Yep......sure they still have a chance but if they lose the next 2(they will be big underdogs in both) then they will be sitting at 15-9 and 4-7 in the conference.....at that point they would be all but done unless they make a deep run in the conference tourny.

Fans should just try and enjoy the rest of the season without getting hopes up for an unlikely NCAA bid.

Definitely a very uphill battle to get into the tourney but not impossible.

Also, do people believe Nova is truly the 2nd or 3rd best team in the country? They certainly have avoided being tripped up by any top 100 teams which is a very nice feather in their cap and also a real nice boost to their SOS and RPI. They also have a nice win against X. However, they got absolutely routed in their two nonconference big match ups. I guess I'm just not buying into them as a #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Yep......sure they still have a chance but if they lose the next 2(they will be big underdogs in both) then they will be sitting at 15-9 and 4-7 in the conference.....at that point they would be all but done unless they make a deep run in the conference tourny.

Fans should just try and enjoy the rest of the season without getting hopes up for an unlikely NCAA bid.
    Yep, lets just enjoy game by game. If it happens, we will all be happy. But, that's a long road to get there.

Would have to finish 7-2, which is crazy considering we still have to play everyone again... Would be nice to see this team in the NIT though
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I just want to see them play good basketball. Play the good teams tough even if they lose. See improvement from guys like Cheatham and Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Definitely a very uphill battle to get into the tourney but not impossible.

Also, do people believe Nova is truly the 2nd or 3rd best team in the country? They certainly have avoided being tripped up by any top 100 teams which is a very nice feather in their cap and also a real nice boost to their SOS and RPI. They also have a nice win against X. However, they got absolutely routed in their two nonconference big match ups. I guess I'm just not buying into them as a #1 seed.
    Against #1 Oklahoma on a neutral floor, yes. @ Virginia it was a close game, late free throws by Virginia made the victory look more comfortable than it actually was. That being said, after the last 2 years as a #2 and #1 seed, understandable for people to be skeptical about Nova come March. That doubt might be motivation for Nova this year. No way they take a 2nd or 3rd round game for granted this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jpvegas52 View Post
    Sporting News had an article on Big East and has Marquette, Butler, Georgetown and Seton Hall as contenders to make NCAA's. Christ Dunn is POY and Xavier is in top spot, followed by by Villanova and Providence.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/469...er-of-the-year

I obviously am pulling for MU every game. After that, I am less concerned about the BE conference getting a #1 seed than I am getting 5 or 6 teams in. Based on the eye test, I think there is unanimous agreement that the conference is better this year than last year. Would be disappointing if the conference only got 4 teams into the tournament. Not terrible, but disappointing. I will be pulling for the conference's bubble teams to get some wins against Villanova, Xavier and Providence. Villanova may be better suited as a #3 seed, less pressure and less of a bullseye after the last 2 years. Just hope the BE gets no less than 5 teams in.