Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for those at the game yesterday...

I vote the Syracuse game where Jake Thomas hit the three and one from the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    When Novak hit the game winner against Notre Dame in 2006 was as loud as any I've attended.
    Loudest moment I can remember at the BC.

The last, best crowd we had was the Syracuse game in '13. It was like a bomb went off when Jake had the four point play, and it was sustained the whole game. One of the wilder crowds was the UW game that season. 5 PM tipoff and most of the crowd was well-oiled.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Loudest moment I can remember at the BC.

The last, best crowd we had was the Syracuse game in '13. It was like a bomb went off when Jake had the four point play, and it was sustained the whole game. One of the wilder crowds was the UW game that season. 5 PM tipoff and most of the crowd was well-oiled.
    Cadougan's three pointer to force overtime against Uconn and Carlino's shot against Georgetown to send it into overtime last year are two more examples.

Yesterday was by far the best this season.

The Novak shot was loud, but I thought the Louisville game when Mason hit the game winner and was fouled was louder. Especially after a horrible 5th foul call on Diener took some air out of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    When Novak hit the game winner against Notre Dame in 2006 was as loud as any I've attended.
    Bad snowstorm and I ended up staying at the Hilton and couldn't wait to pick up the Journal the next morning to check out the sports section. Was at the South Bend game that same year where he had an exceptional game as well for the sweep. That was the year ND lost a boatload of really close games - not that I was feeling sorry for them.

If we are talking about the all time Bradley Center game now, it's in 2003 when #2 Louisville beat #11 Marquette. The student section was filled to the top an hour before tip off. Barn burner of a tight game. Travis tied it and Gaines hit the game winning. ABC game as well with Dick V in the house!

Second, is one year later when Mason hit the shot and got fouled on the play versus Louisville. Still have that game on tape with Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner.

Third, has to be on a Friday night when Novak hit the game winner to beat Notre Dame.

4th, the Pitt ESPN Primetime game when Gameday was in Milwaukee. Mike Kinsella with two first half three's.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    If we are talking about the all time Bradley Center game now, it's in 2003 when #2 Louisville beat #11 Marquette. The student section was filled to the top an hour before tip off. Barn burner of a tight game. Travis tied it and Gaines hit the game winning. ABC game as well with Dick V in the house!

Second, is one year later when Mason hit the shot and got fouled on the play versus Louisville. Still have that game on tape with Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner.

Third, has to be on a Friday night when Novak hit the game winner to beat Notre Dame.

4th, the Pitt ESPN Primetime game when Gameday was in Milwaukee. Mike Kinsella with two first half three's.
    Good call on that Pitt game. Very underrated in recent Marquette lore.

That Pitt game was a blast. As was the year before. MU had Georgetown and Pitt on a Thursday-Saturday. Pitt was in the top 15 if I remember right, with Krauser, Gray, and co. Frigid Saturday night and 19k in the house. Gray missed 2 FTs with about 20 seconds left that could have given Pitt the lead. MU won 84-82.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12