Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for those at the game yesterday...

Question for those at the game yesterday...

My son told me that the BC was the loudest he has heard it there in a long, long time.

What were people's opinions on the crowed (15,000+ largest crowd of the year).

The crowd was easily the best of the year. Best in a long, long time? Don't know about that as this has been a long year at the BC this season..so it may just seem like a long time.

When was the last time the crowd was really amped up? Jake's shot against Syracuse in 2013?

The crowd was amped for the Butler game last year though ended up losing in OT.

Crowd was terrific; loud, standing and cheering on key possessions, especially the second half. The fact that the game was a back and forth battle only added to it. I have not stood that much at a MU game in a while.
    The "best" crowd in recent memory (for me) was the February 2003 BC game vs. Louisville, the "Diener and Gaines end of game threes" game. That game/crowd was amazing. Every basket, turnover etc. was made so much more intense by the raucous sellout. If that game was a "10," yesterday's game with Butler was about a 7.5.

Mike Jakubowski, is a great PA guy. I think he has alot to do with it. The crowd feeds off his voice and energy. He missed the Xavier and Stetson game, I thought the player into were poor.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 01-31-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    When was the last time the crowd was really amped up? Jake's shot against Syracuse in 2013?
    Ohio State, Wisconsin, even Iowa this year. Just in the Iowa, it didn't last long.

Creighton and Georgetown last year as well.
    March Madness starts in November

Nova game in the pink unis a couple seasons back was pretty crazy.

Crowd yesterday was great.

I think the loudest sustained home crowd in fairly recent memory was the DJ injury game vs UCONN. The pace of the game was insane. I remember the next morning at work a guy came up to me and told me how he was channel surfing and came across the game and said he had not seen a game pace like that in a long time and was impressed by the crowd noise.

What could have been with that team but for DJ's...
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 01-31-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Great building yesterday. The players had to enjoy having a vocal crowd behind them. Hopefully the guys crave that feeling and lock in for the stretch run.

When Novak hit the game winner against Notre Dame in 2006 was as loud as any I've attended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast