Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    JJ has taken them less often and they are going in at a much higher rate.

The rebuild of his shot has really paid dividends.
    JJ had a great first half, less so in the second half. I think he had all 6 of his assists in the 1st half. He's really turned into an exceptional passer especially feeding the post. A little too much mustard on at least one in the 2nd half.

He's great on those drives that start on the left wing and curls to the right side of the basket getting past one or two guys which is the hard part - he's got to close the deal more often although he has improved in that area.

He's at his best when he's attacking the rim, no doubt but I think as soon as jj can effectively add the mid range pull up to his arsenal (he's trying it from time to time) he can become a very effective offensive player. It's open regularly for him - I'd like to see him look for it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Butler had a layup drill going with Jones first and then Martin.
    You do realize, they are pretty good players right? They do that most every game they play? MU adjusted pretty damn well to Jones in the 2nd half. Martin stepped up. Their guards are their team. Just like MU has had many times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    You do realize, they are pretty good players right? They do that most every game they play? MU adjusted pretty damn well to Jones in the 2nd half. Martin stepped up. Their guards are their team. Just like MU has had many times in the past.
    Of course. Does not change the reality. It was a layup drill. And, 5 of them were "and 1" in the first half. Just stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    He's at his best when he's attacking the rim, no doubt but I think as soon as jj can effectively add the mid range pull up to his arsenal (he's trying it from time to time) he can become a very effective offensive player. It's open regularly for him - I'd like to see him look for it more often.
    I agree on the mid-range jump shot. He tried tried that one in the 2nd half and from our seats looked like it was going in but hit the back of the rim I think. He has hit a few this year, but he is pretty good at creating space where he could attempt a lot more.

Of course. Does not change the reality. It was a layup drill. And, 5 of them were "and 1" in the first half. Just stating the facts.
    Yet, it took a fluke 3/4 court shot to tie the game at the half. Your complaints ring hallow.

Yet, it took a fluke 3/4 court shot to tie the game at the half. Your complaints ring hallow.
    Who is complaining? Already acknowledged it was a very nice win. Just relating what we saw at the BC today. The good part is that Butler was only getting 2 points on Martin's drives in the second half. The real key to this win was offense....Henry...Traci.

Who is complaining? Already acknowledged it was a very nice win. Just relating what we saw at the BC today. The good part is that Butler was only getting 2 points on Martin's drives in the second half. The real key to this win was offense....Henry...Traci.
    Well, pretty much every other poster took your comments as a complaint, so .... Whatever, have at the negative, I will hang onto the positives. Their players played to their strengths, yet MU still won!

Well, pretty much every other poster took your comments as a complaint, so .... Whatever, have at the negative, I will hang onto the positives. Their players played to their strengths, yet MU still won!
    Yep, we did. Not complaining or being contradictory. Just commenting on one aspect of the game. MU was 10-17 fro treyland along with a great game from Henry. Butler hung in there until the end because they kept getting open lanes to the hoop. Just what is was and what those of us in our section were noting the whole game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123