Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts....

Man tough crowd. I thought we played some very solid defense today - like legit defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Man tough crowd. I thought we played some very solid defense today - like legit defense.
    Yes, it was not terrible. The only thing is that Butler easily got in the lane a lot for layups or uncontested short shots. That's all I was pointing out earlier here. A good win in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Complaining about the defense today is ... A stretch.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yes, it was not terrible. The only thing is that Butler easily got in the lane a lot for layups or uncontested short shots. That's all I was pointing out earlier here. A good win in any event.
    From my view in the upper deck the reason for that was we were tightly face guarding Dunham off the ball and switching off ball screens when Dunham was involved. Prevented him from getting any good looks from deep but did concede the lane a bit.

Dunham really had only one wide open 3 in the halfcourt and it was a real good possesion by Butler. He also took a 3 during a 3 on 1 in transition and missed, and missed 2 other tightly contested shots. Most of the damage he did was from inside the arc.

Jones got open looks because he is a great 5th year senior. A lot of Dunham'so poem short shots came off of clear shoves he used to get open that weren't called

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Butler had a layup drill going with Jones first and then Martin.
    They did, but what happened? We adjusted to it. First, Henry adjusted to Jones. Best defensive play Henry has ever made (apologies to the block on Dunn, 6'11" blocking 6'3" just isn't that impressive) was when he used his length to take wider steps when Jones ran the curl at him. Henry's length pushed Jones wide and took away the path to the basket. It looked for the first time like he actually understood how to use his body on defense to his advantage. Carter also addressed that by harassing Jones all the way down, slowing him enough that Sandy had time to step in for the charge. Just a couple plays, but it was nice seeing actual defensive adjustments to address how the team was attacking us. Whether it was coaching or the players, it worked.

Jones had 15 in the first half, zero in the second. At that point, they went to Martin. Scored 12 points in 10 minutes to start the half. Then didn't score again until under 2:00. Yeah, he hit that late prayer three, but in the final 10:00, Martin was pretty well contained.

The power of 1 big game......Traci is now shooting over 35% from 3... http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ason_stats.pdf

Also....I love Brian Anderson as a play by play guy. Milwaukee is lucky to have him. Bardo is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    The power of 1 big game......Traci is now shooting over 35% from 3... http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ason_stats.pdf
    Amazed he has taken more 3's than HC and JJ.

HC had a couple of open 3's and chose to drive to the basket. Led to a costly TO when he stepped on the line late in the game. Hope he gets more comfortable taking that shot.

JJ has taken them less often and they are going in at a much higher rate.

The rebuild of his shot has really paid dividends.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast