Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D-Wade and Wes on the all-time list

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    While yes, they do pass more, the protection of the wide receivers & QBs has a LOT to do with the passing yards today.

I have been saying this a lot lately, but not long ago on the NFL network I saw the "top 10 defenses of all time". Any current WR that watched that show and then complains about not getting a flag should be kicked in the nuts by a punter.
    Well, if it's a Packers WR, they wouldn't be concerned since Mathstay would be the one "attempting" to kick them in the nuts ...

Great response Mac, each and every game this season I wondered, out loud, very out loud, why in the hell he was still with the Packers? As I watched punt after punt careen out of bounds after 30 yards, I couldn't wonder how many free agent punters are out there.

Free agent linemen? Not many. Linebackers? Nope. QB's? None. But free agent punters? There are about a hundred guys out there that could audition tomorrow, but NOOOoooo, Ted likes to build through the draft and save salary cap money, so the Pack were stuck with a punter that has a high school average and punted the ball out of bounds 14 times.

Brilliant!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Great response Mac, each and every game this season I wondered, out loud, very out loud, why in the hell he was still with the Packers? As I watched punt after punt careen out of bounds after 30 yards, I couldn't wonder how many free agent punters are out there.

Free agent linemen? Not many. Linebackers? Nope. QB's? None. But free agent punters? There are about a hundred guys out there that could audition tomorrow, but NOOOoooo, Ted likes to build through the draft and save salary cap money, so the Pack were stuck with a punter that has a high school average and punted the ball out of bounds 14 times.

Brilliant!

Doesn't make it any less frustrating but the only reason he's on the roster is because Crosby loves him as a holder and sees him as a key part to his success the last 2 (or 3?) years.

Quote Originally Posted by MUwarrior1090 View Post
    Doesn't make it any less frustrating but the only reason he's on the roster is because Crosby loves him as a holder and sees him as a key part to his success the last 2 (or 3?) years.
    Yep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12