Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MU vs. OSU on Navy Ship?

Badger fans on Twitter: "EricTheRed" says he hopes it sinks. Really Eric? You hope a ship with 6,000 members of the US Armed Forces on it sinks?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

A nice comment to make as we head in to Memorial Day weekend. Happy Memorial Day Mr. Vogel, are you headed to a Memorial Day parade this weekend to protest & yell at the veterans?

MU will have some tickets but not many. Big donors and friends of program are about the only available. Will require a security screening as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Badger fans on Twitter: "EricTheRed" says he hopes it sinks. Really Eric? You hope a ship with 6,000 members of the US Armed Forces on it sinks?
    Wow. To take the time to put that on twitter is just amazing. Think he is a bit jealous?
    I can only imagine how bad such fans will be if their team ever has a down period.

Will President Obama attend? He did in San Diego last year. The presidential election will be three days earlier but win or lose, he'll still be the Commandor-In-Chief. It'd be neat if he was in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    MU will have some tickets but not many. Big donors and friends of program are about the only available. Will require a security screening as well.

So you're saying there's a chance?

Doubtful that the game will be on a commissioned carrier. Unlike San Diego, Charleston is not the home port of an aircraft carrier group. Notice the careful wording in all the reports that the game would be on a naval ship (i.e., "carrier" is never used). If they are using an active commissioned ship, chances are it would be a smaller ship but it would have to be one with a large enough surface to hold the court and stands. A quick search shows that the USS Yorktown, a decomissioned carrier, is a museum in Cahrleston Harbor, so that may be the location.

That said, it would be incredibly cool to see and Hizzoner hopes MU gets the honor of the game. Now, time to see if my naval officer nephew (and Marquette Navy ROTC alumnus) can score a ticket for himself as that would be awesome for him.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Caribou Jim would never make it past the security screening!

US Yorktown

I have been a season ticket holder for 30 some years. Although I have tickets, we are residents of Kiawah Island, Sc, about 40 minutes from the Yorktown aircraft carrier. The ship is in dry dock and essentially is a museum and open daily to the public. I was in service during WW 2. Last year the game was in San Diago and was on a commissioned carrier - therefore the security. The weather should be terrific as it is most days of the year. Only questionable months here are January and early February. The PGA is at the Ocean Course on Kiawah Island in August when the temps will be very, very warm. Should be a great locale although there likely will not be many seats as the carrier is much smaller than the new ones. I will be doing my best to get tickets.

mission accomplished. Pilarz flying in on an F 15?
    Laying pipe since Hoover.

Go Warriors!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast