Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arena and hockey

New Arena and hockey

I know there is a thread here about the new arena, so I apologize in advance for being too lazy to look it up. But this is a specific topic related to that and didn't want to scroll through 20 some pages to find out.

Are the Admirals for sure not going to be part of the new arena? I ask because last night I went to the Barclay's center for a hockey game. It had a very interesting configuration in that at one end of the ice, there basically weren't any lower bowl seats behind the goal. The upper deck started pretty much above the glass and went up from there. My seats were just inside the blue line on that end of the ice and I noticed that the seats the next section over were already at an angle back towards center ice, where in a normal hockey arena, they would still be looking straight on at the ice. It was clear that the seats are angled for basketball sight lines and that they figured out a way to accommodate a hockey rink in it. When it is the smaller basketball floor, they have moveable seats that fill in that end of the arena.

I am not saying it is the most efficient use of the space, but if it keeps a tenant in the new arena, thus making that more successful, can't all be a bad thing. If they tear down the BC, no real other great options for the Admirals, so have to think they would be happy with a space like that. It was a new design that I hadn't seen before, so thought about what they might be planning to do in Milwaukee.

Think they are going to be in the Arena

The Admirals will be playing at the Arena.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

They should remodel the BC like they did with Maple Leaf Garden in Toronto. Move the ice upstairs, and fill in the lower level with development. The Admirals, Panthers, Wave and Ice could play there. It could be really neat and would allow the Wisconsin Center to tear down the Arena to expand the convention center.

http://www.mattamyathleticcentre.ca/...ena-renovation

Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis uses that same configuration for hockey with no lower level behind one end.

The Barclay Center has been a nightmare for hockey. Seats in the upper deck are blocked.
    March Madness starts in November

Admirals are moving in UWM Panther Arena in 2016 or 2017. Not sure on that yet.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...r.html?ana=twt

The Bradley Center is slated for demolition, and the site is earmarked for further development by a group led by the Bucks owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    The Bradley Center is slated for demolition, and the site is earmarked for further development by a group led by the Bucks owners.
    Thank god!
    Many don't understand, that the Arena is in much better shape as a building in so many ways than the Bradley Center. There has been nothing done to the Bradley Center since it opened in 1988.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 01-26-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    True, but the arena is also slated for demo, just a few years later. I think you could creatively remodel the BC. The arena is a lost cause.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast