Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just saw the reply of Garrett's "game winner"

Just saw the reply of Garrett's "game winner"

Wojo alluded to it in the post game and Duane WIlson's dad was pissed about it post game--there was no foul whatsoever. Luke never touched him. Figures that officials call a phantom foul at a crucial time as the officiating this year has been pathetic.

I want to be upset but I can't be upset. Having it come down to the last possession against DePaul is the problem.

It was an awful call but we shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. So be it.

"So be it"? Is that our standard for officials? Perhaps that should apply to physicians or lawyers or bankers? You screw up and "so be it"? I think they should be held accountable.

I'd have to see another angle, but based on the clip on twitter it looked like Luke's arm came down and got Garrett on the noggin.

The angle I saw on TV, Luke just let him go.

Looked at it again... not a lot in it, but I can see why they made the call.

It shouldn't have come to that, though.

It's DePaul. They didn't have a win in conference. It's at home. They hadn't beaten us since 2000 here.

The game shouldn't have come down to the final play. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Wojo alluded to it in the post game and Duane WIlson's dad was pissed about it post game--there was no foul whatsoever. Luke never touched him. Figures that officials call a phantom foul at a crucial time as the officiating this year has been pathetic.
    I could not make the game. I wanted to post my anger regarding the "And 1." Thought it would come across as sour grapes. I will bow my head in defeat when it is deserved, that free throw was not deserved. Watch the tape. This week scares me more than last week. DePaul and St. John's are chores (this year). Villanova and Xavier were opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    "So be it"? Is that our standard for officials? Perhaps that should apply to physicians or lawyers or bankers? You screw up and "so be it"? I think they should be held accountable.

I'm with you, but the refs in our league are consistently awful. I don't expect them to get anything right. They were terrible all night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast