Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DePaul game thread

I was happy that Sacar got some minutes(even if it was out of necessity) and made a 3. Almost air balled the front end of a. 1and 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    The contact down low continues to be brutal, while touch fouls are called on the perimeter constantly.
    Yeah, they were really hammering Henry and Luke.....went with smaller guys down the stretch and they were in the armpits of HE and LF. And watching physical play in the post is a point of emphasis again this year for the refs. Guess they did not read the memo. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Students have finally filled the lower bowl and are now starting to show some signs of upper deck attendance.
    Went outside at halftime for my smoke and mostly all girl students were coming in. Had to be about 50. Other than wearing MU gear, my guess is that they don't care about the game.

That student section was about 25% full in the upper deck part. Don't understand why so many show up so late.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Went outside at halftime for my smoke and mostly all girl students were coming in. Had to be about 50. Other than wearing MU gear, my guess is that they don't care about the game.

That student section was about 25% full in the upper deck part. Don't understand why so many show up so late.
    I came in with about 15 minutes to go in the game since my flight from Houston was late, and there were students leaving then. Seeing the score as I arrived and the ugly play, I guess I kind of understand why. Kind of.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

There is not a lot of buzz around campus from students about the team and last night's game will kill what little bit there was. Coming off of the poor performance against X didn't help either.

The place got loud when MU tied it up at 40, again when they went ahead 46-45 and when Duane hit the shot to put us ahead with 8 seconds to go. The support is there, the team just isn't winning right now and that dampens any positive thoughts from the students.

Well, we are in class 3 now at MU, that will not see their team in the big dance.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    There is not a lot of buzz around campus from students about the team and last night's game will kill what little bit there was. Coming off of the poor performance against X didn't help either.

The place got loud when MU tied it up at 40, again when they went ahead 46-45 and when Duane hit the shot to put us ahead with 8 seconds to go. The support is there, the team just isn't winning right now and that dampens any positive thoughts from the students.
    I missed last night but this feels familiar. Anyone blaming the fans should look closer at the fan inspiration. You want more inspired fans, inspire them. Fault is not on the fan base.

I was looking at the 2013-2014 MU Basketball "yearbook." Specifically Top 10 attendances at the Bradley Center. 1/26/2008 against DePaul the attendance was 19,037.....hard to believe right?? That season was the junior years of the 3 amigos and coming off 2 straight NCAA tourney appearances. DePaul was still DePaul. The BC is one of the largest venues in college basketball, weeknight games when the team is at a low point (coming off a horrible season) will not look good....but still would be a sellout in many college venues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234