Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MU Partnering with Aurora

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think the new facility is to have indoor competition fields for soccer and lacrosse as well as an indoor track.
    Along with that, the sports medicine facility and more.
    I would think if men's hoops does move there, the addition of full locker rooms, offices and practice court would likely eliminate something discussed above or previously. From what the original plan was, is there enough room to add everything needed for basketball additionally? If not, something has to go.
    Last edited by IWB; 03-15-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

How much did MU spend in freshening up the Al per Wojo's request - fancy locker room/lockers etc.?

Not to mention by the time this is built we are talking another three or four years?

The Bucks are partnering with Froedert on a sports science facility- http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/buc...mmunity-health

Wonder what made the sports science partnership with MU fall through.

I don't think it is the same thing.

The Froedert deal looks like they are basically sponsoring the Bucks new practice facility. The Marquette deal looks like it is more research based.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I don't think it is the same thing.

The Froedert deal looks like they are basically sponsoring the Bucks new practice facility. The Marquette deal looks like it is more research based.
    And putting a clinic in.

My guess is the Bucks already had a partnership with Froedert/MCW, and when MU got $40 million from Aurora, that was that.

Article in the biz journal. Expands a bit on the partnership. I wonder what impact this will have on MU's proposed athletic performance research center.

From the Bizjournal;
    "At the Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Sports Science Center, Medical College of Wisconsin physicians will work closely with Bucks director of performance Troy Flanagan and his team to devise training and rehabilitation programs for Bucks players.

The facility also will serve as the hub for new athletic performance research endeavors conducted jointly by the Bucks and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin. They will include sports medicine and injury prevention research."

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...froedtert.html

The big issue that MU did not see when they partnered with Aurora is the blow back from Medical College of Wisconsin and Froedert. They have had a longstanding relationship with the Bucks and MU's deal with Aurora caused some issues.

I have also heard that no only has the fundraising gone nowhere, the ground where MU planned on building this facility is tainted and needs some massive cleanup in order for anyone to build there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
    I have also heard that no only has the fundraising gone nowhere, the ground where MU planned on building this facility is tainted and needs some massive cleanup in order for anyone to build there.
    Had not heard the second part, but yes, they're struggling mightily with fundraising.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast