Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MU Partnering with Aurora

The other stuff in the announcement sounds like a step in the right direction. I love the partnership with Harley to do a Shark Tank and the increases status in doctoral programs should elevate our rankings are with the likes of US News, etc. if my son, who was recently accepted and offered a scholarship, attends there will be a lot for him to take advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by dw3dw3dw3 View Post
    Looks like the needed re-zoning passed. Not sure if it's common knowledge, but I did hear from someone close to the situation this weekend that Men's Bball will be moving there and no longer use the AL as their primary facility.

https://twitter.com/MKEBizJournal/st...82069655564288
    I wonder if that means they are looking to add men's volleyball, as then you would have the Al being home to three teams. Men's volleyball is spring with women's in the fall I think.

Otherwise, a darn nice facility for women's basketball and volleyball.

There is not too many D1 NCAA men's volleyball teams.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    There is not too many D1 NCAA men's volleyball teams.
    About four conferences of them. The tournament basically amounts to the four conference champions. It has spread. No longer is the championship always between two teams from California. Loyola won it a couple times in recent years. But a lot of the schools playing it are D-2 in other sports. Kind of like hockey.

The positive for men's volleyball, the Milwaukee area produces a lot of volleyball talent which has helped Loyola win the title a couple times.
    Another positive, for men there are only 4.5 scholarships and our men's scholarship total looks to be far behind women.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I wonder if that means they are looking to add men's volleyball, as then you would have the Al being home to three teams. Men's volleyball is spring with women's in the fall I think.

Otherwise, a darn nice facility for women's basketball and volleyball.
    I heard Lovell has been telling groups that men's bball would be moving - to the surprise of many at MU and in the donor (i.e. gave $ to the Al) community.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorCandelino View Post
    I heard Lovell has been telling groups that men's bball would be moving - to the surprise of many at MU and in the donor (i.e. gave $ to the Al) community.
    Interesting. Was under the impression they would do their strength training at the new place, but still practice at the Al. The weight room would then be converted for another use.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Interesting. Was under the impression they would do their strength training at the new place, but still practice at the Al. The weight room would then be converted for another use.
    Are you saying ALL student athletes would train at the new facility thus eliminating the need for the training room at the AL?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast