Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game recap

Game recap

They got beat by a better team, but at least they hung tough and made a game of it.

On the positive side -- Walley and JJJ played great. Without those two stepping up it would have been a blowout.

On the negative side -- Duane and Haniif were terrible and Sandy was invisible. We need at least 2 of those 3 to have good games in order to beat really good teams.

Game recap is Duane Wilson 2-15(!!)

X played like garbage. If we could hit the broad side of a barn we win this game.

Duane had the single worst shooting game I've seen in person since John Starks, Game 7. Brutal and kept firing away with no consciense.

Duane clearly has some issues, that or he has majorly regressed... Really disappointing as I saw him as a real factor this year.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Duane clearly has some issues, that or he has majorly regressed... Really disappointing as I saw him as a real factor this year.
    Take the ball to the basket if your shot isn't falling. Ridiculous effort by him. Come on.

At what point is it the cosch's responsibility to reign him in during the game by either saying something to him or just benching him?

I realize it's a tough situation as you want your guys to play with confidence but I was waiting for wojo to bench him for Cheatham (realizing he played poorly also).

The lack of development, or rather regression, from Duane is crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    The lack of development, or rather regression, from Duane is crippling.
    I figured he would be our leading scorer. Instead he's an inefficient volume shooter off the bench.

I had thought that this was going to be Duane's team and even with HE on the roster, he was going to be the man.

Boy was I wrong. Just a terrible game today.

And the reason he played as much today was that Cheatham was bad and Carter was worse. All three perimeter guys were just simply awful.

I will also add, Henry gets his numbers and by the end of the game I wonder how he got those. Just real quiet out there and just doesn't seem to impact the game in direct relation to his numbers. I'm not saying he isn't good. I'm not saying he isn't talented, but just thought he would have the ability to take over a game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast