Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game recap

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    A faculty member sits next to me and when I expressed my disappointment in the lack of students (although lower level ended up being pretty much full and even some ended upstairs) he said that Wojo sent a letter/email to the students requesting their attendence. I think I heard him right.

When I was at MU ('76 - '80) the first game back was always a rockin' environment. It was also the game when MU would bring out new unis every other year - for me that was in January '77 and January '79. When Butch came out in '77 for warmups in the new unis with the hoodie there was no equal to his coolness factor that year. Speaking of unis, MU really, really, really needs to change their uniforms - it's part of their DNA - what is it 7 or 8 years now? That is not cutting edge. I know, least of their worries right now.

Freshman year Notre Dame, sophomore year UNLV (and Reggie Theus's 'fro) where Ulice Payne garnered the MVP and MU scores 104 in nationally televised game. Junior year ND where MU loses a tight one in a huge snowstorm that limited attendence to about 8,000 - 9,000 but nonetheless one of the loudest and rowdiest crowds I was part of at an MU game. Senior year Florida State.
    Yah but, Wojo should have sent that e-mail before the end of the first semester. He sent that a couple days ago. These kids had their travel plans set way before that.

It's different now and I doubt half the students even read the email Wojo sent. Really winning is the only thing that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    This is a big misunderstanding. Donny Marshall thought the same thing as analyst for the MU/NOVA game the other night. A post defender is allowed to use an arm bar against an offensive player that has his back to the basket. Just can't extend and push the offensive player. On the perimeter, no contact is allowed (hand-checking, body-bump or arm bar). I think the MU coaches want Henry, being 6'11" and having a long wingspan, to keep both hands up and move his feet. I agree with this, don't want to leave it up to the discretion of the referees. It is difficult to shoot over Henry with both arms extended.

http://www.pjstar.com/article/20151111/SPORTS/151119829
    To supplement, you can use the arm bar, but cannot put the other hand or arm on the player.

Thank you both. Announcers seem to not understand the rule then.

Two positives from the game - only 9 turnovers if my math is correct and the national anthem by that little girl - unreal. There was another good rendition of the same from an MU student a few games ago as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Two positives from the game - only 9 turnovers if my math is correct and the national anthem by that little girl - unreal. There was another good rendition of the same from an MU student a few games ago as well.
    She was good. Gave her a high 5 as her family sat directly behind us. And, she is just a kid. Kept kicking the back of my chair as she was bored. And, the faculty honoree of the day sat next to us. A busy Section 205 today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123