Thread: Xavier's Experience

Xavier's Experience

Looking at their roster and you can understand why they are near the top of the NCAA rankings.

Reynolds, Farr and Abel are all 23 years old, Davis is 22, Blueitt 21 and Macura, O'Mara and Sumners are 20. Marquette counters with 21 year olds in Fischer, Wally, JaJuan and Duane and a 20 year old Sandy Cohen.

Yup. I think a couple of their vets when to prep school for a year after high school, and one of them red-shirted, but I'm not sure.

Myles Davis and Reynolds were both partial qualifiers and had to sit out their freshman seasons. Farr prepped for a year before enrolling at Xavier. Abell transferred in from Indiana, so he is in his fifth year of college. Add these guys to couple of really good sophomores in Bluiett and Macura and an excellent redshirt freshman in Sumner and you have the formula for a top five team.
    #BringShakaHome

What is sumners deal (background, etc) and how did he get away from bugger schools? Kid looks like he's going to be legit. Reminded me of a young and poor mans marshawn? brooks (the prov guard from a few years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    What is sumners deal (background, etc) and how did he get away from bugger schools? Kid looks like he's going to be legit. Reminded me of a young and poor mans marshawn? brooks (the prov guard from a few years ago).
    Looks like just a great job by Mack of identifying a sleeper early before he blew up....

The Xavier Musketeers scored a big, fat commitment on Sunday from a promising 2014 point guard nicknamed “Skinny.” Three-star prospect Edmond Sumner (Detroit/Detroit Country Day), a 6-foot-2, 160-pound junior, pledged to Chris Mack’s program over UMass.

The Musketeers targeted Sumner last summer and locked in on him well before he hit the 150-pound mark.

“They’ve been on me from the get-go,” Sumner said. “I’m their main priority. I don’t want to wait and go somewhere where I’m like their third option. They were the first ones to call me during last year’s summer. It just feels right.”

Skinny is a very appropriate nickname. He really is just that.