Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: WIAA bans "Airball". Ridiculous.

Reminder: Both Sam Hauser and the Ellenson's mothers work for WIAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Reminder: Both Sam Hauser and the Ellenson's mothers work for WIAA.
    And I'm sure they think it's ridiculous as well.

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 36m36 minutes ago
    How ridiculous. The "adults" making these decisions have too much time on their hands, and too little sense. http://on.si.com/1ONAQPn

This is absurd to the nth degree. Years back they banned the "Scoreboard Cheer" from the Greater Metro Conference because of the line, "Is that not the losing team?"

Now I agree that a lot of the things that were said in the past should be banned in today's day and age...

"H-O-M-O HOMO High" was used against Marquette High kids constantly.
    Then there was a kid who's last name was Moore, and it was "XXXX Moore, XXXX Moore, what's your SAT Score?"

Things like that along with the Diamond Stone "ACT" assault in Madison should be banned, but the rest? Airball? We Can't Hear You? You Can't Do That? Good God give me a break.

Should the NFL come down on Packers fans when they are losing at home in the 4th quarter and start chanting, "The Bears Still Suck"?

When I was at Marquette High our President was Fr. Bill Doran. Not a large man, not a hard core disciplinarian, but an extremely well respected man. If a ref made a bad call and the students started chanting, "Bullsh*t - Bullsh*t", no matter where he was sitting, Fr. Doran would slowly stand up and it would stop instantly, of course there was always one moron that didn't see him, but you get the point.

What now? Are teachers supposed to be armed with detention slips at games for everything they say? Absurd.

I'm sorry, but this is absolute crap. Play the games, let kids be kids and if it gets out of hand or over the top, the schools should be expected to deal with it, but the WIAA banning the list that Goose85 posted? Absolutely unreal.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Not sure how this isn't an impingement upon free speech, especially since these are public, taxpayer funded schools for the most part.

Got to believe that there is a lawsuit in the making, as soon as the first school gets punished, by having to forfeit a game or something along those lines.

Dumb,dumb,dumb.

I hope when State rolls around the students from all schools join together and chant Airball! before the opening tip.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    And I'm sure they think it's ridiculous as well.

And if they don't, I'm not sure why that should change our minds.

Jay Bilas really going after them today...

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/686970780350038020

I've seen far worse behavior from parents than I do the students. I agree with IWB. Let the schools decide what is appropriate and how to deal with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast