Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unlv

What purpose does this do on January 10th?
    March Madness starts in November

To answer my question in what Gary Parrish wrote, "The money people are ready for a change and that's why it happened now"
    March Madness starts in November

Overdue, Rice was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Overdue, Rice was terrible.
    Yes, he did little with a great deal of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    What purpose does this do on January 10th?

It really does no harm, nor is it particularly helpful. I can see why UNLV wanted to get it over and done though.

DeCourcy makes good points but regardless I think it was a good move. Odd timing, but then again if UNLV knew he wouldn't survive anyway, may as well just cut ties now. Who knows, this could flip a switch that saves their season. They weren't going anywhere with Rice in charge. Worth a shot. Plus now they can focus in on potential coaching candidates without doing it behind Rice's back.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    DeCourcy makes good points but regardless I think it was a good move. Odd timing, but then again if UNLV knew he wouldn't survive anyway, may as well just cut ties now. Who knows, this could flip a switch that saves their season. They weren't going anywhere with Rice in charge. Worth a shot. Plus now they can focus in on potential coaching candidates without doing it behind Rice's back.
    In season firings seem to be more the trend in college sports these days.

Bo to UNLV?
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast