Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Marquette - St. John's Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Sorry, but I was one of those that left. Had to get back to Madison. If that bothers you, perhaps I will just stop attending in the future.
    With 40 seconds left? Does a couple minutes really mean that much? What if you had hit an accident? What if you had hit two extra lights?
    If you are really cutting it that close to another appointment more important, than perhaps you should not have gone in the first place or left even earlier.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    That drives me nuts.

Maybe be they thought it was LA. Arrive late and leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    With 40 seconds left? Does a couple minutes really mean that much? What if you had hit an accident? What if you had hit two extra lights?
    If you are really cutting it that close to another appointment more important, than perhaps you should not have gone in the first place or left even earlier.
    I will leave when I want, and you leave when you want. I did not leave with 40 seconds, more like 20, game was over. Christ you guys complain alot about the fans. Frankly, I am getting sick of this bitching and wonder why I make the trek from Madison in the first place with such a pompous bunch of pr1cks!

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    Get off my lawn!

Let's all relax - yes, there are always times and reasons why people need to leave early, and that's ok - I was late because I took my kid to her 10:30 game that didn't start until 11:15.

When I started posted what I did, the game wasn't completely in hand yet, but what I saw in the section directly below me was this - As soon as someone got up to leave, it seemed like others jumped up as if, "oh crap, people are leaving, let's go or we'll never get out".

Again, I posted with 40 seconds left, it started happening at about 1:30.

I thank all fans who show up. With 20 home games a year, there are bound to be conflicts. Coming from downtown Chicago for a 6PM game is no treat getting there either. Nor was it a joy getting home at 1:30am after those old Big East 9pm start games. As a MU alum, we should all be thankful for fan support. There are far more important things in life, and a MU game is a nice diversion.

As for Big East refs, why are they so inconsistent? The pre-conference games were called more evenly. Also, it looks like O'Connell is packing a few extra lbs. this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Let's all relax - yes, there are always times and reasons why people need to leave early, and that's ok - I was late because I took my kid to her 10:30 game that didn't start until 11:15.

When I started posted what I did, the game wasn't completely in hand yet, but what I saw in the section directly below me was this - As soon as someone got up to leave, it seemed like others jumped up as if, "oh crap, people are leaving, let's go or we'll never get out".

Again, I posted with 40 seconds left, it started happening at about 1:30.
    Yes, there are obvious reasons. My bone to pick are with those obvious fair weather fans who practically push us out of the way while whacking us with a coat or bag or spill beer or soda on us while we are missing a play or two or three....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567