Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Submitted without comment

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Yeah, guys like Tom Oates will continue to kspew that drivel.
    Oates' recent article in the WSJ proves again the he is a UW fan, not a journalist.

You can't make this up from Butch Badger. Here he is agreeing that a 50 year old shouldn't be dressed in paint ripping on Diamond Stone and then he gets into Vander Blue and apparently he was himself following Vander's twitter page when he was in high school. Sums him up very well. I am sure his family is proud with his odd obsession of Marquette basketball, Tom Crean and Buzz Williams.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/838...2#.VpLGfsArKRY

butchbadger
    Unread Message #24 [url] [-]

January 8, 2016 12:05 PM
    Slimm21 wrote:
    I should clarify. If the students want to heckle Diamond, as long as it isn't classless I think that is perfectly fine. If a 50 year old from Appleton with his face painted red joins in he is a loser.

Yup.

Stone was a much bigger fish than Vander, but everyone knew Vander acted like a baby and took the easy way out with Buzz's "school will be taken care of" recruiting pitch.

I'll never forget when Vander posted a pic on Twitter of a paper he wrote on Count Basie. It had a grade of "100%" on it. Funny thing was there were two clear errors just on the one sentence you could see in the picture.

Interact
    My Recent Posts

From Diamond's AAU coach:
    Great seats for another great game! Maryland vs Wisconsin... So much energy in the building. These fans are brutal. Stone still playing well...

I understand when booing happens at games. I don't like it, but it happens and it's happened at MU when LeDaryl Billingsley chose Tulane.

Taking personal shots at recruits on a message board, newspaper and sports talk shows because they didn't pick your school is childish.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    I understand when booing happens at games. I don't like it, but it happens and it's happened at MU when LeDaryl Billingsley chose Tulane.

Taking personal shots at recruits on a message board, newspaper and sports talk shows because they didn't pick your school is childish.
    Big difference with Ledaryl is that he committed to MU and then signed with Tulane. Don't like it either, but understandable in Ledaryl's case. That seems like an eternity ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    From Diamond's AAU coach:
    Great seats for another great game! Maryland vs Wisconsin... So much energy in the building. These fans are brutal. Stone still playing well...
    Are there kids with D1 potential playing for Diamond's old AAU coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Are there kids with D1 potential playing for Diamond's old AAU coach?
    Unlikely...he played for an AAU team that would feature him from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Unlikely...he played for an AAU team that would feature him from what I understand.
    His AAU coach is a big time trainer and is contact with D1 recruits all over. Going to him during the summertime is basically like going to school for basketball. During the summertime, I believe the hours are something like 9-3 with a lunch break.

Make no mistake about it, that program was built around Diamond, but they do have teams at various ages now, so the program has grown and as long as Under Armour wants to be a player, and as long as they field competitive teams, I don't see them going away.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

But, if an UA sponsored teams, unlikely they would go to Marquette, correct?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast