Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for former Butler player Andrew Smith

Wow, that is sad. And for Stevens to miss a game to get there may suggest that he may be in his final hours. Hope the bone marrow transplant comes around.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

His last collegiate game was the 2013 NCAA loss to Marquette?

Reading all the stories about him and his wife Sam and what they have experienced over the past 2 years. Wonderful people, guided and strengthened by their faith, all the at to the very end. Remarkable people.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    His last collegiate game was the 2013 NCAA loss to Marquette?
    He missed the three at the buzzer .
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Reading all the stories about him and his wife Sam and what they have experienced over the past 2 years. Wonderful people, guided and strengthened by their faith, all the at to the very end. Remarkable people.
    Have they announced what type of cancer David Bowie had? Reason I ask is that I saw a picture of him from December 15th as he was out and about and although he looked older and didn't really look sick. His fight was 18 months. Andrew made a game on December 19th. Sounds like things headed south pretty quickly for both. Bummer in both cases, especially Andrew.

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and leukemia. Was initially diagnosed in Lithuania and even that was a mess. CBSSports has some good articles detailing some of what they have gone through. Kids in their mid-20s having to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Have they announced what type of cancer David Bowie had? Reason I ask is that I saw a picture of him from December 15th as he was out and about and although he looked older and didn't really look sick. His fight was 18 months. Andrew made a game on December 19th. Sounds like things headed south pretty quickly for both. Bummer in both cases, especially Andrew.

My father-in-law was up north fishing about two weeks before he died from lung cancer. He came back looking tired but otherwise you really couldn't tell anything was wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast