Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KU/Sooner Game

KU/Sooner Game

Triple OT win for KU - one of the top ten regular season games I've witnessed in my life.

Kind of reminded me of the UCLA vs. Maryland 40+ years ago - 2 behemoths going at it.

KU fans stuck around and applauded Hield after he did a live hit on Sportscenter. Doubt that happens too often.

Rematch is the afternoon of 2/13. Nice way to start the festivities before the 7PM tip against Creighton.

Marquette should loop the way frank mason plays defense and show it over and over and over again to all its guards

I've had the opportunity to watch Buddy Hield a great deal the last couple years. It's funny-- I watched every game D-Wade played at MU, and Buddy is very reminiscent of D-Wade at the same stage. Wade was the superior overall defender (better at steals, blocks, locking guys up), and rebounder, but Buddy is a great defender also. Buddy gets to the rim this year in much the way Wade did; I'd still give Wade the explosive edge. Buddy is the far better shooter at this stage.

Buddy is so likable. From the Bahamas originally, infectious personality. Really one of the game's fun players to follow.

OU is going to be a tough out in the Tournament assuming health. That backcourt of Hield/Woodard/Cousins is tremendous (Cousins struggled yesterday). Spangler is a do-everything big. Lattin is really coming on nicely. In some ways, this team reminds me a lot of the 2003 MU team in balance and strengths.
    Last edited by MU Viking; 01-05-2016 at 08:22 AM.

I agree, that was one great college game. Hield was awesome to watch, almost had to laugh when he kept coming up with big hoops.
    Interestingly enough, NBAdraft.net has Heild going to the Bucks at pick #8. After last night I'd say yes to Heild.

Is it just me, or has Perry Ellis been at Kansas for a long time.

Five players played 50 minutes or more in the game.

Cheick Diallo only played 5 minutes for Kansas.

Glad I stayed up to watch the end. It was a game that college basketball needed!
    March Madness starts in November

Awesome game and I enjoyed Musburger on the call. He and the game neutralized Dick Vitale to an extent.
    Vitale made the comment that it was the loudest building he has ever been in for a game.
    While he is prone to the outlandish statement, it seemed the place was up for grabs and his statement might be right on. A great college environment for sure.

Funny, at one point Vitale was joking about the game going late which was past the bed time for the two 76 year old announcers. Sure enough, both Vitale and Musburger were born in 1939 and are 76 years old.

Brent was outstanding on the call. Compare him to Dick Stockton, who is three years younger, and it's even more impressive.

Can't remember watching a better regular-season game - ever! And I agree with mcwman - the game should be used for training our team's defense.

VS

Want to also mention... if you can find me a nicer, more genuine college basketball coach than Lon Kruger, I'll eat my hat. A wonderful person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast