Q: Dan - Significance of Wojo contract extension?
A: Matt Velazquez - I figured this question was coming. Without knowing monetary figures or presence/amount of a buyout clause, it's a pretty straightforward thing that happens all the time across the country. He had a six-year deal through 2020 and the athletic department and university liked what he was doing and wanted to give a show of confidence by tacking on two more years to the contract. Smiles all around. I don't know that the original contract length was ever released by the school, which leads me to believe that there was a motive for spelling out the exact length of his contract. One possibility, as I wrote yesterday, is that it was an effort to bolster recruiting. Opposing coaches are almost certainly putting doubts in recruits' minds by saying that there's no guarantee Wojo does leave for somewhere else (namely Duke) if the right opportunity arises. Making a public show of confidence in Wojo and touting that his contract will be in effect through 2022 might help quash that a little bit.