Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G'town game thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Saw a lot of good things though in the 2nd half. Henry and Luke missing bunnies is starting to become a trend unfortunately.
    Close shots but not bunnies. We are taking too many contested 2s against size right now. It isn't working. Hoyas didn't even have to double Luke or Henry.

Mac just said Traci, Sandy, and Haney played 86 minutes and had 4 total rebounds. Throw in only 2 from Duane , 1 for JJ and 0 from Wally and you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Close shots but not bunnies. We are taking too many contested 2s against size right now. It isn't working. Hoyas didn't even have to double Luke or Henry.
    It would be nice if Luke could develop a turnaround baseline jumper to add something more to his game in the low post.

The team did enough things in the 2nd half that I won't go to bed depressed.

HC is going to be so good - silky smooth.

Has MU ever started 0-2 in BE play and still make the tourney?

I think some changes need to be seriously considered with the SC program. And, if that means some personal changes, so be it. This is the third straight year where the team has been overwhelmed in the conference by physical play.
    Last edited by RJax55; 01-02-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    It would be nice if Luke could develop a turnaround baseline jumper to add something more to his game in the low post.

The team did enough things in the 2nd half that I won't go to bed depressed.

HC is going to be so good - silky smooth.

Has MU ever started 0-2 in BE play and still make the tourney?
    0-4 in 2010 with Acker and Cubillan as starting guards, DJO, Butler and Hayward rounded out the starting 5.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    0-4 in 2010 with Acker and Cubillan as starting guards, DJO, Butler and Hayward rounded out the starting 5.
    That's right - maybe Buzz's best coaching job.

I know it's a lost art, but we never ever pull up for 6-12 ft jumpers and they seem to be available quite regularly.

Zero adjustment by wojo to make someone other than smith beat you in crunch time. I just don't get how he didn't see a need to do that - it was obvious as a casual fan watching on tv.

Wojo says on post-game radio show that the team has not been ready for the intensity of conference play.

So is he saying the craptacular non-conf schedule failed to prepare his team? Certainly sounds like he's thinking the incredibly bad schedule is hurting them.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

We couldn't guard our lunch in the first half. Second half D was better. I still think we should play more 2-3 packed in zone defense.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast